cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating expired phone number

kimsphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.    How can we reactivate an expired phone number please.  It was deactivated du to an expired credit card

7 REPLIES 7

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kimsphone wrote:

Hello again.   Thank you for tying to help.   I will try that and see if that works.   If not, we'll just have apply for a new plan.  Really not crazy about the fact that there is no CS department we can actually talk to - that's so impersonal, and it could have solved the problem so easily. Oh well.  Thanks again. 

@kimsphone 

After 90 days in suspended status your phone number and account is gone.

But within 90 days just pay and you are good to go.

If you cannot get into your Self Serve account, have you tried the Forgot your Password option?

If still locked out Moderators can help you get back in.

All Customer Service is online here, even with the Public Mobile representatives (called Moderators). I know sometimes it can seem annoying, but Community Help is very responsive and often helpful.

For account related issues, Moderators only have access for account issues.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

kimsphone

Hello again.   Thank you for tying to help.   I will try that and see if that works.   If not, we'll just have apply for a new plan.  Really not crazy about the fact that there is no CS department we can actually talk to - that's so impersonal, and it could have solved the problem so easily. Oh well.  Thanks again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kimsphone : Nope. It's all online through here. But in the meantime you could buy a voucher online or in many stores and use the 611 service to redeem it and renew your service. Or use the Instant Top-up feature at a few stores.

Then when you can receive the verification text you can make your account and then Replace your payment card.

Did you get a welcome email when you activated in store? I'm not sure.

kimsphone

Hello.  Thankyou for your reply.   The number should still be good as it's within 3 months.   I cannot seem to register online as forgot email adderss to account and the system wants to send a code to the phone which does not work.   Do you know a telephone number I can call to actually talk to a person at Public Mobile?   there doesn't seem to be anyone we can reach out to by phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reactivation Issues (Still In Suspend)

Payments and plan changes can unfortunately take a couple of days to process. If your plan is still suspended, please follow these steps:

1. Confirm that your payment is showing up- First sign in to Self-Serve, then select Payment, followed by Transaction History. in your transaction history in Self-Serve. If your payment isn’t showing up, please try making a payment again.
  2. If that did not resolve your issue- please start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon, to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team by clicking here.

or

Reactivate A Suspended Plan

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

Good Luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kimsphone : If the last payment was over 4 months ago then the account is closed. Was it a new number from here or did you port it over from elsewhere?

Need Help? Let's chat.