cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-use a SIM card?

lexi_song
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I left Canada, and allowed my account to be deactivated. I would like to use Public Mobile again when I return; will I be able to re-use my old SIM card, or will I have to buy a new one? Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lexi_song 

If you have nonpayment on your account for more than 90 days, your account will be closed (you won’t have access to your account), SIM rendered useless and you will lose your old number.

If you want to keep your old number, change to the $15 plan and enable AutoPay or you can disable AutoPay to stop payment then make a payment after 88 days (less than 90 days in case there are issues with payment).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @lexi_song   sorry, no re-use of sim card.  once it is used and deactivated, it cannot be reused

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@lexi_song wrote:

I left Canada, and allowed my account to be deactivated. I would like to use Public Mobile again when I return; will I be able to re-use my old SIM card, or will I have to buy a new one? Thank you! 

@lexi_song , if you haven’t paid on your account for over 90 days your account is closed and your SIM card will no longer work. Then you will need to sign up for a new account with a new SIM card & new phone number!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

How long was acct suspended. After 90 days its finished for good...you need a new sim to start a new acct even a new email adress.

Need Help? Let's chat.