Re: Submitting Trouble Ticket

Radin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi,

I need my PUK number as my simcard  is blocked

11 REPLIES 11

@Radin wrote:

already spoken to previous carrier, they can't help out 

If it's a Canadian carrier, call them again. They don't have a choice. In the case of some of the Samsung device mentioned, I believe that the tricky part has to do with the fact that some of these device self locked to the first carrier's sim card.  And for such phones, they wouldn't be in the carrier's databases as phones that were sold by that carrier. So, they go look up the IMEI, and there's no information for them to give.

@Radin wrote:

@Radin 

It seems like that your phone is locked to the original carrier.  Usually, the original carrier offers the unlocking service for free.  If Samsung phone, you could directly live chat or call Samsung to get unlock code.  Or, you could try eBay unlocking services for a fee.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Radin wrote:

They are required by law to provide it. Unless you got the phone from elsewhere and the carrier is from elsewhere.

Jukebox

PUK

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Radin

Radin

So what is the result? I know it's gonna be useless but still haven't gotten the pin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Radin wrote:

hi again, 

I inserted the puk number and even pin number but it didn't work. I think if I insert one or two more times, then the sim card will be useless. The message is: 

Sim network pin blocked. Enter sim network PUK.

@Radin 

Yup. That's the message that means it's locked to the previous carrier. If it's a Samsung then they can get that for you. Otherwise, you'll need to talk to your previous carrier. If it's not a Canadian carrier then you'll need to pay one of those 3rd party services to unlock it.

Radin

hi again, 

I inserted the puk number and even pin number but it didn't work. I think if I insert one or two more times, then the sim card will be useless. The message is: 

Sim network pin blocked. Enter sim network PUK.

@Radin wrote:

hi,

I need my PUK number as my simcard  is blocked

Are you certain that the the SIM card's PUK is being asked for? If it is, you need to open a ticket by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat .

If your phone is displaying a message asking for the SIM Network Unlock PIN or SIM Network Unlock PUK, this would be an indication that your phone is locked to a different carrier. You would need to ask that carrier for assistance.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

To contact the Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

esjliv_0-1601766112587.png

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Radin wrote:

hi,

I need my PUK number as my sim card is blocked. 

This answer is from a different thread by @Luddite 

The following should help to delineate the various PIN messages that can occur:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. As noted by @Triguy Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Need Help? Let's chat.