cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Receipt

jellybean1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunately I literally just days ago ported the numbers to Telus to solve this very issue, and PM instantly deletes all access to accounts.  They even deleted access to my longstanding Community Account that I've had for many many years before I had the 4 lines.  So... no, I'm screwed.  And they don't care.  So, yes.  Social Media campaign started and CRTC, BBB and small claims court if I need to.  I will in fact go to that step to get their attention.  Thanks for your input about the CRTC.  I expect I have a lot of legs to stand on.  I believe they do this to in fact stay in the self-serve area and be lowest tier, making it impossible so you will switch.  Terrible customer service.  But, anyways.  Their strategy worked, I switched.  Now they are just being completely rude and unreasonable. 

15 REPLIES 15

jellybean1

Okay.  I get that the CRTC doesn't care as they want to allow low tier, but we'll see what they say (my complaint has been received).

But, besides the usual BBB complaint I've filed, I'm also going to lodge a grievance with:

1. Canadian Public Accountability Board (CPAB), which is responsible for regulating auditors of publicly listed entities.  And; as suggested by the CRA with the:

2. Government of Canada Excise and GST / HST Rulings Service. Accountant "No receipt", client "Nope", CRA "What the...?"

How can they take my money and for ANY reason at all and make getting a receipt difficult or impossible?  Prepaid yes, low tier, yes, No receipts, unacceptable.

It affects our ability to comply with GAAP and receive tax deducations.  Communication is a listed essential service.  Holding receipts ransom is should be punishable.  Providing receipts has to be mandatory and automatic.

I venture to guess that the amount of time they would spend to automatically provide invoicing would in fact be $0 ZERO.- The same platform is used by Koodo, and if you are a monthly billed customer it's there, easy to figure out that it's just turned off for prepaid. Pretty clear this is a marketing strategy by Telus, and shameful for a giant publicly traded company like Telus to act this way at our expense.

I have now noticed that all of my past communication with Public Mobile is deleted as when I try to access they all give the error "Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication."  Do I think they are covering their tracks? Yes.  However, I have copy/pasted all communication.  I had a feeling...

By the way PM - I have a Disability.  You never asked.  Wait till CRTC hears that. 

Apparently this is my Blog now - To be continued...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jellybean1 

After speaking with a CRO at the CCTS today they couldn't say whether it woild fall within their scope or not but they may be able to open the lines of communication with the provider in order to help you get the invoice you are requesting.

Prepaid customers have precious few rights under the WCC and even those are open to interpretation by the regulatory commitee that makes decisions on complaints at the CCTS. Prepaid providers are not bound to supply a paper invoice/billing to their customers unless you self identify as disabled.

You are welcome to file a complaint to see what the result may be and/or they csn direct you to the appropriate agency for your concerns.

@jellybean1

Oh....because you should have been able to verify your account by giving the expiry date and last 4 digits of the card.

jellybean1

No, I didn't have a chance to go in and remove my payment info before they shut the accounts, but I had conveyed that concern and was told they did to that. I appreciate that they followed best practices in that. 

jellybean1

Yes.  Filed there and BBB.  So sad that they can't understand.  It's like they want me to cut off my own head to reach THEIR top shelf.  And, they wonder what's wrong with ME.

jellybean1

Yes.  I want to use stronger words.  But, yes, I have filed a complaint with BBB, CRTC and via Facebook and twitter so far.  Just getting started.  If those have not joy I'll see if I can file in small claims court.  Just not sure if I have to do that according to their HQ.  I don't expect them to show, but when I make a statement of claim, then their lawyers will be in touch and I suspect I'll get results then.  VERY wrong of them IMO. There is not this level of complexity to get an Alberta Digital ID, buy a house, or port a number in or out!  A drivers License or SIN number... in this case the PIN number should do all of that. It's enough for telus to let me or anyone I give the PIN to do anything that person says to my internet, phones or mobile.  And yes, the CRTC themselves describes how a mobile phone company is required to provide a bill.

Thanks for the comment and empathy.

@jellybean1 

They are certainly making this a very onerous task compounded by the fact you are no longer a pm customer so you cannot verify via text message and easily answer the additional 4 questions because you cannot access your account.

Did you remove your payment card info before porting out?

Personally I would make a complaint to the CRTC regarding accessibility and paper billing. You could also complain to telus your new provider and owner of public mobile.

@jellybean1 hi usually they are pretty good for invoices maybe try with a new agent 

you can private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community envelope for a reply

jellybean1

I've been refused in my request for copies of my receipts, and there is a long terrible experience leading up to this.

Despite the posted information / example from AE_Collector 01-12-202004:40 listing that three pieces of information are required to be sent to a PM Moderator (Now CS), in the past two years I've been asked for more and more information each time - finally culminating in 10. 

Getting the very strong hint that they don't want to provide invoices, I switched to Telus and in requesting my invoices for the past 11 months (because it was so arduous I avoided it) they are adding 4 more!  But, get this: They are impossible to deliver - because upon port out they turned off all account access. Yet - I need access to answer three of the four pieces of information!! Lucien CS Agent is sorry but they cannot make exceptions.  This is unacceptable. 

Below is what I've provided and then the 4 new items and why they are illogical to even ask:  As far as I'm concerned I paid PM and PM has a legal obligation to provide me a receipt.  There is not this level of complexity to get an Alberta Digital ID, buy a house, or port a number in or out!  The CRTC themselves describes how a mobile phone company is required to provide a paper bill.

Info provided:

1. Your first and last name
  2. Address for the Account (street, not box)
  3. Phone number
  4. Account number
  5. email on file
  6. Amount Paid monthly
  7. Sharing Code
  8. Preferred Language
  9. PIN
  10. Description of your Plan

Additional Info added and therefore Receipts refused.

1. The Last number you called or texted (numbers have been ported - impossible)
  2. When was the last time you logged into the self-serve portal (portals shut down - impossible)
  3. If you have any additional services (why?  if I have other accounts I fear they will be shut off or subject to vindictive new policies)
  4. How many years have you been with Public Mobile (this I could guess at closely or forensically find, but what does it matter, especially without the other three?)

Here was Lucian CS Agent's last condescending reply:

Re: Phone Numbers Ported - No access to accounts, require payments to stop and invoices for the a...

Hello again

It is because of common sense that we have to ask those extra security questions, because

the procedure entails to confirm an invoice key code that we will sent to your Public Mobile 

sim card, but because those accounts are closed you can not receive this text messages and

instead you have to complete this verification by answering to the security question mention to you.

Also I am sure that if each Public Mobile line user will be the account holder this situation will be avoided.

Regards

Lucian CS_Agent

• Apparently Lucian feels I lack common sense
  • He doesn't understand at all that by shutting off the account access I cannot provide the information.
  • I am in fact the Mobile line Account holder for all accounts, with virtually all information provided being identical on all accounts. How does this even matter??

Why is this such a huge frustration with so many complications?  Yet, I received a spam message from the Community with a link that was blocked by my security.  So, apparently my sensitive information can be put at risk by PM if they spread SPAM and I venture to guess get paid to. 

Here is the spam - I notified Lucien but there was no reply.  I'm not surprised.

Richard_Palmerto jellybean1

yesterday

Remote work from home! Get payments every day! Register for free now!

Work remotely from the comfort of your home and receive your paycheck every day! No experience needed, no boss over your shoulder. Change your life today! Open this link - https://jobhub.sa.com - simply fill out the form and our manager will contact you shortly!

jellybean1

Followed the instructions many times including this. Those instructions only confirm to me (in writing) that they've been requiring me to provide unnecessary information for years.  More and more each time I asked for an invoice. 

And, no I'm totally screwed by PM because I ported to Telus literally days ago, to solve this very invoicing nightmare and PM instantly cut off all access to the online accounts.  Who knew?  So I have no access to provide them the info - it is literally impossible.  Total lack of logic or care.  PM Response from CS: Lucian CS_Agent copy/paste.

I read very carefully your message and I really understand that the experience was unsatisfactory but the process of invoice request assume 2 steps and the second involves asking to those security questions. We can not make exceptions.

Regards

Lucian CS_Agent

Thank-you very much Lucian, you're a sweetheart.

jellybean1

Followed the instructions many times including this. Those instructions only confirm to me (in writing) that they've been requiring me to provide unnecessary information for years.  More and more each time I asked for an invoice. 

And, no I'm totally screwed by them because I ported to Telus literally days ago, to solve this very invoicing nightmare and PM instantly cut off all access to the online accounts.  Who knew?  So I have no access to provide them the info - it is literally impossible.  Total lack of logic or care.  PM Response from CS: Lucian CS_Agent copy/paste.

I read very carefully your message and I really understand that the experience was unsatisfactory but the process of invoice request assume 2 steps and the second involves asking to those security questions. We can not make exceptions.

Regards

Lucian CS_Agent

jellybean1

It gives that warning every time something to do with assuming it is html or not html all by itself, then deciding it doesn't like that mode and it has to correct it by you hitting yes again.  Yikes.

jellybean1

Nope, I'm totally screwed.  Yes, actual CS tickets.  So: I ported to Telus to solve this invoice issue (paying more per month), and PM instantly cut off all access to online accounts.  Who knew?  So I have no access to provide them the info - is literally impossible.  Total lack of logic or care.  PM Response from CS: Lucian CS_Agent copy/paste.

I read very carefully your message and I really understand that the experience was unsatisfactory but the process of 

invoice request assume 2 steps and the second involves asking to those security questions. We can not make exceptions.

Regards

Lucian CS_Agent

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I've never heard of community accounts being removed when the paid account is ported out/closed.

It's C C T S. But the providers are actually in their pockets so good luck with them. There's very little that prepaid customers have to argue about.

Need Help? Let's chat.