cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [RESOLVED] Systems Outage - Update: Clear Cookies/Cache

yesmil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I have been advised by PM agent to reach to the community board and see any solutions/updates. I am reading this, and the issue has not been resolved for my particular scenario. I am trying to help my 90 yrs. old dad who relies on his cell phone for communication. Since Tuesday, all of a sudden, his phone cannot receive or dial any calls. Callers get an "out of service" message and he cannot dial a call out. I followed the original steps that were recommended: test the SIM in another phone, turn off and on the cell phone, etc and still no success. Then I was told they found an internal network issue and that some sort of SIM test was going to be done behind the scenes that would have fix this.....well, nothing. I was given a "ticket" and to wait for a tech support to reach out. Promise time: 24 to 72 hrs. (that was on Wednesday) This is my first encounter with a situation like this. It is quite frustrating. I wonder if a new SIM card will solve the problem and if so, why none have suggested it? 

Please if anyone here have any viable suggestion or solution, let me hear it. In this particular case, phone is one of those models for seniors (Easyfone, brand), just basic for calls, no data. 

Account is active, up to date with payments and already corroborated with PM. 

Thank you in advance to all of you.

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@yesmil 

Great! I happy to hear it was just a Sim card issue and not something more complex.

yesmil

Thank you so much for all the support 🙂

I got the issue resolved. I gave PM a new SIM card and they did their magic behind the scenes.

All good.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Thank you!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@yesmil 

When you put your dad's Sim card in your phone did you test all of the services? Texting and data? Are all services not working? Did the issue occur directly after renewal? Or mid cycle? It sounds like customer support did try to reprovision the Sim card but it didn't work. But that may not be the problem. If it was a provisioning issue or a faulty Sim card incoming calling should be going to voicemail not a "Out of service" message. What happens when you attempt to call out? Do you get a recorded message or does the call just drop?

The "Out of service" message leads me to believe this is a very unique issue I have helped two separate customers with this year. All of their services ceased functioning and callers would get the "Out of service" message. Also a Sim card swap does not help so don't waste your money purchasing and swapping out a new Sim card. The fix for these customers required the CSA rebuilding the accounts plan features one by one.

To put it simply the CSA had to add each feature back to the account by "checking" a box or "flipping a switch" on/off. For example on a $25 plan:

• Unlimited incoming SMS Texts : On
  • Unlimited Incoming MMS Texts : On
  • Unlimited Outgoing SMS Texts : On
  • Unlimited Outgoing SMS Texts : On
  • Unlimited Incoming calling min : On
  • Unlimited Outgoing calling min : On
  • 1GB of Data at 3G Speed : On
  • Voicemail Services : On
  • Call forwarding : On

I can't say for sure if this is the issue but if it is the problem (it took the first customer and I quite sometime of brainstorming to come up with a theory of what the issue was and communicate it to customer support and an industrious CSA took up the challenge and figured out how to fix it.) You would need to contact customer support with your tech team reference # and explain the theory or link this post/thread for the CSA or tech team to read and see if it applies to your dad's account. I will go back thru my private messages and find the name of the CSA that applied thus fix to the other customer's account and private message you with it so you can get your CSA to reach out to their colleague for their insight on hopefully solving the issue with your dad's account. Good Luck!

@computergeek541 

Maybe making @yesmil  their own thread is appropriate?

yesmil

Hi @dust2dust  

Thank you for this suggestion. At the moment I have got another PM moderator/agent looking into the issue 🤞 Hopefully they may get a fix for Today. If not, then I will follow your recommendation.

@yesmil- While replacing sims has seemed to fix things on the odd occasion, I find it hard to conclude. I think it's something in the service. A thing to try is to use the lost/stolen function to suspend the account. Log out. Log back in and resume the account. It has been the thing to try in the past so maybe it would work here. It has a side effect of needing to ask for rewards to be paid after the next renewal. The fact that you've been in contact with support though, I would think they will have re-provisioned the account by now.

yesmil

Thank you for your feedback. I have used the SIM card in another device and still didn't work. I put my SIM card on my dad's phone and my SIM card worked, so definitely it is the SIM card, in my opinion. I relayed that information to the PM moderators (it looks like I get different ones every time) and although they are trying to be as helpful as they can, some ask me to repeat the whole story again? I am not sure if they are able to read the original post from Tuesday.  By the way, I am also a PM client and my line works fine. It is just my dad's. He doesn't use anything other than the phone line. He has no "smart phone" just the basic flip phone for seniors. How do I escalate this? as the other customer indicates on his/her post, it feels a bit disrespectful that somehow they are now missing in action 😞 I guess they may have not liked my response that I can do without the many sorries they give on behalf of Public Mobile and to give me solutions....Let's hope some management team can get this resolved.

Need Help? Let's chat.