cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Public Mobile App

raymondzhou122
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you know if Public mobile accepts used phones?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@raymondzhou122 wrote:

I meant can you send used phones to PM for a recycling or for a bit of money.

If your looking to sell, GoResell (https://gorecell.ca) buys old phones.  They are in Montreal (St. Laurent).  Their website provides an estimate, based on your model & condition.  If you like the price, they send out prepaid shipping package, etc.  I sold them a phone a couple of years ago.  I had no issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@raymondzhou122 : I once packed up all my old phones that were obsolete and their related obsolete bits and sent them off to Telus. What they did with them I have no clue. I still have working phones but I'm a packrat.

I suppose old CDMA phones could still be usable in some markets but I wasn't going to bother taking the time for all that. I kept any old micro-usb cables but most of the old phones had their own proprietary connectors.

or keep it and use it if you buy from Samsung... it's common for Samsung to accept trade in for buying their latest and greatest phones.  Any dummy phone could worth $100 to $300 or it could be more if yours is a phone within 2 years

@raymondzhou122 

Public mobile doesn't do trade ins but some mobile retailers do or specific manufacturers like trading in your old Google Pixel phone for a discount on their latest phone the pixel 6 and 6 pro.

It's always a good idea to keep a back up phone just in case. But if you just want to pay it forward calling your local women's shelter will be able to point you in the right direction for the program that offers free used working phones to vulnerable women to use as an emergency phone since no active plan is needed to use 911 services.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@raymondzhou122 wrote:

@raymondzhou122 

is call trade-in program but public mobile not have it this,

Apple Trade In - Apple

or

Trade-In Program | Best Buy Canada

@raymondzhou122 wrote:

not for money for sure  🙂

if you want to donate it for good cause, check with your city.  City usually have programs for recycling electronics.   

r_chehade

I'm not sure. I've never looked into it. Maybe someone else can answer that question. 

raymondzhou122

r_chehade

Yes they do. I have a used phone. You just have to set it up with public mobile on your network settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@raymondzhou122 wrote:

Do you know if Public mobile accepts used phones?

You meant can you use used phone here on PM?  or you meant if you can send your used phone to PM for them to refresh for charity use ?

Need Help? Let's chat.