cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Port from Koodo

Amrut1960
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went to Walmart Kitchener location to port my existing number but walmart CSR said there is no guarantee from Public Mobile that phone number will be port in. I have phone number in use and active account with Koodo Mobile previously with PC Mobile. Please contact me on my mobile number xxx-xxx-xxxx or reply to email. Thank you

Edited by SD08 to remove phone number.

19 REPLIES 19

Amrut1960

The team is working hard and subscribers need to have patience and trust on moderators. I was panic to get transfer my number but moderator port in in half an hour from other service provider. I shall appreciate their work.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @powerg21,

That is an interesting question. 

Apparently there is a sort of glitch generated between our platforms, which is already under investigation and should be improved soon. However, that is why  we rather do it for you, to avoid any issue in the process. 

I really hope you find this information useful. 

I wish you a great day ahead!

Roxana 

Public Mobile Moderator Team

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They should improve the system so it's more self-serve. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@powerg21 wrote:

Just curious, why can't we port from a Koodp prepaid account to PM and it has to be done by a MOD?

Apparently Koodo prepaid and this place share some system services. So it has to be done manually by the mods.

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just curious, why can't we port from a Koodp prepaid account to PM and it has to be done by a MOD?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello Amrut1960, 

We recognize the importance of resolving your concern about having this set up completed.

In order to assist you easier, please send a private message to the Community moderators using the link below:

Private Message

We hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

Roxana_L

Public Mobile Moderator Team 

@Amrut02 wrote:

Hello as advised obtained SIM and number my Public mobile #519 77X YYYY. I registered account with Public Mobile and try to transfer my number the system says contact public mobile community. Please let me know how to transfer my number to public mobile. Very urgent. As advised by Carlos_T I went to shop and pay for month service charge.

If the self-serve account is telling you to contact Public Mobile, this likely means that your number can't be transfered using the automated self-serve process.  Is your number, by any chance, coming from Koodo?  If the number is on Koodo prepaid, one of the moderators such as Carlos_T will be needed to send the request for you.

Amrut02

Hello as advised obtained SIM and number my Public mobile #519 77X YYYY. I registered account with Public Mobile and try to transfer my number the system says contact public mobile community. Please let me know how to transfer my number to public mobile. Very urgent. As advised by Carlos_T I went to shop and pay for month service charge. Thank you

EDIT: removed phone number as personal information is not to be made public in this forum for privacy reasons.  --stonechucker

goldenmayan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

just buy sim card and leave ,do it all your self ,its easy 

Roxana_L
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Amrut1960,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.We really want to take a look at what happened, can you please send us a private message using the following link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage  and share all the details about it.

Regards,

bud21ca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

807-853-xxxx, I get service here they just could not port a local number for some reason. 

@bud21ca wrote:

I had a number that Public Mobile could not port in as it was from an area code where local service was not provided. Had to take a new number from a different city. 

Really? What city is the number?  I can't imagine that there are many places Public Mobile doesn't offer service.

bud21ca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had a number that Public Mobile could not port in as it was from an area code where local service was not provided. Had to take a new number from a different city. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Amrut1960 wrote:

I tried through walmart CSR but PM said no guarantee. My number is active and was getting SIM card free in walmart. Please advise

@Amrut1960

Don't worry about what the Walmart CSR said.  By law, cell carriers will allow number ports to other providers, as long as the account where the number is coming from is active.

Since you've contacted the moderators already, best to wait for their response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Amrut1960

So...Koodo pre-paid or post-paid?

If pre-paid then all you can do is wait for the moderators to get back to you.

If post-paid then as above, you can do it yourself in the self-serve.

Edit: And what provider are you porting from?

Amrut1960

I also wrote to moderator.

Amrut1960

I tried through walmart CSR but PM said no guarantee. My number is active and was getting SIM card free in walmart. Please advise

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Amrut1960

I've edited your post to remove your phone number since this is a public forum.  Your post has been moved to its own thread for greater visibility.  In future, it's best to start your own topic for help, rather than add to an existing thread, especially one that is unrelated to your issue.

Is your account with Koodo prepaid or postpaid?

If you are porting from Koodo postpaid, you can do it yourself from your PM Self-serve account, under the "change phone number" tool.  If you haven't activated a plan yet, then you should activate first with a temporary number from PM, then port your Koodo number afterward in self-serve.

If you are porting from Koodo prepaid, then you will need assistance from a PM moderator. In that case, send a private message to the Moderator Team:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Also, before you port from Koodo prepaid, use a different e-mail address with PM than the one you have with Koodo.  You can change it to the e-mail address you prefer later.  Alternatively, since you are leaving Koodo, it may actually be easier to change the e-mail you have at Koodo (not sure since I don't have Koodo account).

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Amrut1960 Here it’s a public forum so no personal information.. you can hide your phone number... click on the 3 dots right up in your message...

Need Help? Let's chat.