cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

macmicj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I added the holiday deal to my account, and at the same time I forgot to update my credit card information. And the phone stopped working. 

when I went into my account to update the credit card information, I noticed the billing isn’t the same as it used to be.

there wasn’t a auto top up, for the full amount. And it is broken into a “renewal” fee of $10, and the remainder showing for the data portion. 

I was assuming this is because of the mess up with the expired card, but for next payment, it is still showing $10 due. Which is still less then my plan.

had the way the billing works changed or is there something messed up with my account now, and I will probably have the phone stop working again for next month?

8 REPLIES 8

macmicj

I just checked and the holiday deals are still there.

and the overview page looks correct now. It is now indicating the proper amount for next payment and required amount.

maybe it just took time to work its way through the system...

thanks everyone for the assistance 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@macmicj : I think it's an old legacy holdover from the old build your own plans which flows out to all plans. All things start at $10 as a base. The old $10 plan only has the one line.

macmicj

When I looked back on in payment history, it was the auto pay which pulled out the required amount from my credit card, and then payment. This is the first time I’ve seen it break down in parts...

but I guess we will see what happens in a month time.

thanks everyone!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@macmicj 

Some members said that your reward credit will be added to your account after a few days.  IDK because I have not have a chance to reactivate my account yet.  Watch for the available fund on your account.

The billing has been broken into two parts for as long as I have been here...2 years. Not that it means anything, it just seems to be how they show it. The full amount is needed to reactivate the account. If you put too much the rest will be there to help with the payment 30 days from now.

Also check back on the two Christmas Gifts from PM as I don't believe they can be added to an expired/suspended account. Get it done by tomorrow evening.

AE_Collector

@macmicj wrote:

I added the holiday deal to my account, and at the same time I forgot to update my credit card information. And the phone stopped working. 

when I went into my account to update the credit card information, I noticed the billing isn’t the same as it used to be.

there wasn’t a auto top up, for the full amount. And it is broken into a “renewal” fee of $10, and the remainder showing for the data portion. 

I was assuming this is because of the mess up with the expired card, but for next payment, it is still showing $10 due. Which is still less then my plan.

had the way the billing works changed or is there something messed up with my account now, and I will probably have the phone stop working again for next month?

Public Mobile has long broken down plan prices for the paynent history in this manner. The price will be correct adding all fees together and subtracting any discounts that may have been applied. As for "amount due", if you're going by what it says on your account overview page, that represents your plan fee less any current account available fund balance.  If your service is working, that amount due is for the next renewal.

macmicj

Which I paid to reactivate the account. I tried selecting the option to top up to what is needed. Which it only topped up to the $10. And didn’t reactivate which makes sense. So I manually applied the proper amount. 

so my account is active again. 

but it doesn’t look the same for the billing side of things.

any ideas?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@macmicj 

PM server always ask for full plan price amount without reward credits to reactivate your account from suspension. 

Need Help? Let's chat.