cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Activation failed

bvizzy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just tried to activate my SIM.  Looks like it went through online but when I turned my phone on with the PM SIM card in it, its not working.  I am porting my number over from another provider.

What do I do now???

4 REPLIES 4

bvizzy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! New to this. I did message the moderator privately as well. 

I'm doubtful that has anything to do with the number porting because even if the porting hadn't gone throgh, in all likelihood, the phone would still be working.  Incoming communications just wouldn't work.  When a port fails and if it never gets fixed, Public Mobile would eventually force the customer to change the phone number, but that isn't going to happens in such a short priod of time.

The account may not have completed setting up properly so that there is even service active on the sim card.

Another possibility is phone compatibility or the ntework type incorrectly limiting you to a 2g-type network.

@bvizzy FYI: In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum  (which I have done for you today), or sending a private message directly to the moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @bvizzy, Assuming you have a calling plan, are you able to make outgoing calls?  If so, and your incoming calls are going to your voicemail of your previous provider, then your number port has not gone through yet.  Number ports from most cell providers usually take less than a few hours.  Porting from a landline or a VOIP line can take considerably longer (days +).  Have you restarted your phone since you activated?  Is your phone unlocked?  Any message on the phone?

If your phone is unlocked, and compatible with the Public Mobile (Telus) network, and you are connected to the Telus network, you should be able to at least make calls.  If that's not the case, then the account setup would seem to have failed completely.  In that case, you need to contact the moderator team via private message.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.