cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate Change with invalid current rate

SqueekyHT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm on a $45/mo plan. But I just got this text:

Important Public Mobile Message: Update to your existing plan. Starting April 28, 2022, your 30-day plan fee will increase from $10 to $13. Your payment method will automatically reflect the new amount of $13 so no further action is required from you. You can manage your services by logging into your account online at selfserve.publicmobile.ca

So, am I expecting a $3 increase or a $32 discount? 🤣

11 REPLIES 11

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@SqueekyHT 

"no further action is required from you."

So no need to ask questions, no need to wonder about the answers, no need to worry, it'll all sort itself out, Public Mobile has got your back (and their $3) taken care of.

At least it's an amusing and harmless malfunction. Public Mobile has made worse mistakes before.

@Master2000   So, you are on $10 plan or you are on other plan and PM sent out by mistake? 

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I also got a text message indicating my plan will increase from 10$ to 13$ by month.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Most likely bad SMS. Maybe you used to be on $10 plan long time ago so your data are floating in cyberspace as $10 subscriber.

trustsea
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is this a legit text from Public Mobile, or a Russian Hacker attempting to pay his Bill's with a 30% increase on the backs of the hard working proletariat - probably not. 😉

I just hope PM not testing their communication with their next round of rate hike email 

@SqueekyHT wrote:

I may have had a $10 add on for data at some point. But it wasn't a 30 day plan, it was a one time purchase. Maybe not even a purchase. I think it was a freebie they gave me a few years ago to fix an error and I still haven't used it all up lol

@SqueekyHT  - well, I don't think they are raising your addon fee from $10 to $13, hee hee.

Yeah, you are just a lucky one, to get unnecessary communications that does not apply to your plan.

SqueekyHT

I'm not sure someone else getting a bad text is proof that they didn't intend to advise me of a $3 increase on the right plan. We'll know in 7 weeks though. So far my plan price is the same, but there should be one more payment at my current rate before the change would take place anyway.

SqueekyHT

I may have had a $10 add on for data at some point. But it wasn't a 30 day plan, it was a one time purchase. Maybe not even a purchase. I think it was a freebie they gave me a few years ago to fix an error and I still haven't used it all up lol

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SqueekyHT   No worry, if you are not on the $10 plan, you are not affected.

Someone on another plan also reported that he got the email too.  Obviously PM sent some of them out by mistake.  PM really needs to be careful with them communication.  Email/Text keeps sending out wrong

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SqueekyHT  - what? 

Have you ever been on that older $10 plan?

Let's hope you get the $32 discount, a happy mistake that would be in your benefit. LOL

edit, spelling

Need Help? Let's chat.