cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REGISTERING

david23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid up, installed the sim card then tried a phone call. A message came up saying I was not registered. What do I need to do to register?

9 REPLIES 9

Mark_C
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When you say you "paid up" are you referring to paying for the SIM card, or paying for a Public Mobile phone plan when you activated your SIM card? 

Because, usually all you have to do is activate your SIM card (set up account, pay for plan) and your SIM card should work. However, if you are also porting over your number you have to wait for your number to be ported over first and confirmed by your old provider before using your new sim. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@david23 wrote:

I paid up, installed the sim card then tried a phone call. A message came up saying I was not registered. What do I need to do to register?

@david23 Can you call 611 to see what it says? Your account active?

Can you try another working SIM inside this phone to see it if connects to a network? Even if it is a different provider's SIM. If it works great.

Insert the Public Mobile SIM again, and perform a reset of the network settings.

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@david23 wrote:

Have you activated your SIM card?  You would need to activate the SIM card and then you should see your phone showing your network as "Public Mobile" for you to make phone calls. 

Hope this helps.

Imexgenie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on iphone and it was able to detect the network but no calls. So I took out sim card, shut down the phone, insert the sim card and start up phone.  All works, hope this helps.

Cheers,

Phil

Anonymous
Not applicable

@david23 

try to check update your device,

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card

network or your device issue,

if you can't fix it you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,

Spoiler
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@david23 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@david23 Did you try rebooting your phone? Do you get any signal? Did you try porting in your number during activation? Login to your self-serve account to check status. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@david23  So, the phone showing not registered to network yet?

did you check network , see if it is Automatic or try to pick Public Network.

Also try a reboot

and, what band and model is your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.