cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAF

Lucy29
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I signed up I used a friend's referral code.  She did not receive the referral reward and after contacting back and forth with Community, they say they have no record of my using her referral code.  

11 REPLIES 11

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lucy29    Seeing your account information when signing into your husband's account or vice versa is just a cookies issue and I've had that happen to me too.  You need to clear your cache/cookies or use a different browser when logging into another account.  Also try using incognito/privacy mode too.

As to the missing RAF reward issue, just to clarify did you sign up using your husband's referral code or he used yours?   There has been an issue lately where the referral code doesn't get added to account and CSA's have to manually apply it once they've verified that the code never originally got applied.   Plus one of you also should have received a $10 account credit (or 10 points).  If you see the RAF $10 credit in one of the accounts, then it's possible that an incorrect code got applied.  Again that needs CSA to rectify. 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Don't give up @Lucy29 

I've got several users within my family group who have had services for several years combined - never had ANY problems.   And the rewards do make it worth it over time, as @darlicious indicates.   Eventually it can lead to significant reductions in your total costs.

Give it another chance.  It's worth it!!!

Lucy29

On top of all that, when I sign out of my account and into my friend's, aka my husband, it still shows my information. I tried it twice. I'm so done with PM.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lucy29 

It's a glitch. Doesn't happen every time. All those $1 rewards add up to a $0 bill eventually....don't be discouraged by the occasional glitch.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Lucy29

ALSO, the heading at the top of the customer support email says: 

You have a new message from the Public Mobile Community!  

Go figure!

Lucy29

I hear what you're saying.  That's why I'm surprised that I received an email saying this:

I check the account that you provide us, but there isn't no referral code used. The new referee have to contact us

if he wants to use your referral code. He just need to write us on Community.

Lucy29

Agreed

Lucy29

Thank you for your reply.  When he did it initially, the code was accepted.  I don't think I'm going to go through the hassle again for $1 off.  Frustrating.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lucy29 wrote:

When I signed up I used a friend's referral code.  She did not receive the referral reward and after contacting back and forth with Community, they say they have no record of my using her referral code.  

@Lucy29  - when you said back and forth with "Community", I presume you meant Customer Support Agents....right?

Because, us folks here in the Community have no access to your account, only the Public Mobile Customer Support agents (CSA) have access to your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lucy29 

Goodness why does customer support have to make things more difficult than they need to be? If you can supply your friends phone number then the CSA can ensure the correct referral code is being used.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try again but this time ask for them to add the referral code after the fact. Make sure everything is right like zeros and oh's etc. Then your friend should see your number added and the additional $1. Then upwards to 3 days you should see the $10 credit.

Need Help? Let's chat.