cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

Greiagon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why am I getting a text saying 75% of my data was used after only 500mb were used on a 2.5gb plan?

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greiagon 

visit  Here link  to Managing Your Data Usage, and to save it your data...

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Greiagon 

I agree that the best way to check is to log into your Self Serve account to see how much data you've actually use (and what's remaining).

One other thing to note, is that Public Mobile is on a 30-day plan cycle.  Most other providers (and phones!) track data by Month so after a few months the days can start moving around and gets confusing.  There are third-party apps you can use to track your data by 30-days or you can update this whenever your Plan goes to a new cycle.  Hope this helps a bit!  🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Greiagon   Text like this from PM is not very useful or reliable.  Always login to My Account and confirm the usage from the Overview Tab.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Log in into your PM account and check your data usage there. That is the Most accurate tracking. All other usage values (through your phone or 3rd part apps) will not be 100% correct same as SMS from PM.

Greiagon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did just that in case. Thank you.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Greiagon 

Those warning texts can be inaccurate sometimes.  

What does your self service account show?  Under Data and Add ons, there should be your data tracker?

If unsure, screenshot that section.  

Need Help? Let's chat.