cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Moderator - dropped texts and call

Gpalovesall10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Our son and daughter-in-law recommended Public Mobile, and we appreciate the significant savings on our phone bill and the quick and helpful responses we've received to questions we've posted on the Community since we started using Public Mobile at the end of January 2020.

Because my opportunity to send feedback on our experience as new customers expired before we got to it, we thought we would contact a moderator about a few concerns.  Two texts from my wife and one work-related text from my boss did not show up on my phone, which makes us wonder if there are others that did not get through.  Also, recently I happened to check my voicemail, and discovered that my aging father had called and left a message.  However, when I checked my log, there was no record of his phone call.  Any call or text that is missed is too many.  What can be done to avoid dropped texts and calls?
4 REPLIES 4

HappyGramma10

Thank you for your reply.  We are not aware of similar problems on my wife's phone.  The make and model of my phone is Samsung Galaxy S5, model number SM-G900W8.  

HappyGramma10

Thank you for your reply.  We are about half-way between two Telus towers, about a mile and a half or 2.4 km from each.  We checked the coverage map on the Public Mobile website for service in our area before we made the change, and it seemed our street address was eligible, as is the area where I work.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Gpalovesall10 is your wife experiencing the same issues? Or is it just you? Could you please post the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Gpalovesall10 This shouldn't be happening. How is the coverage in your area? There is a possibility that weak signal is dropping calls/texts. Have a look at the website given below to see how far the Telus/Bell tower is located.
https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Need Help? Let's chat.