cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the LD addon

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I only have ON plan. But if I travel outside ON. Can I receive or make the phone with the LD addon?

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zmh1175 as @jasonhpchu said, you're pre-purchasing a block of minutes:  either 200 for $8 or 400 for $15.  Once the add-on is added to your account, you have that pool of minutes to use as needed.  They don't expire, so if you are a light long distance user, they might last you months or longer, or if you're a frequent/lenghty long distance caller, you might go through them more quickly. Once out, purchase more to be able to continue if needed.

So, you're not being billed a per-minute amount based on the number of minutes you used at the end of your billing cycle like you would on a post-paid plan at another carrier; instead you are puchasing a bucket of minutes up front, and using until they're used up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jasonhpchu

@zmh1175

Currently PM do not have US Roaming.

You will have NOTHING when you walk outside of CANADA.

LD addon lets you CALL US.

PM from what I know is working on US Roaming, and there is no details on what the costs of that will be.

zmh1175

@jasonhpchu wrote:

@zmh1175

Let me spell this out for you.

ON Plan, and you're in BC (BC is not in ON, so you're OUTSIDE ON)

Calling BC number - OK

Calling ON number - need LD addon

Receiveing ANY call - need LD addon

LD addon included canada and usa. Your mean If I am in USA I also can receive the call with addon?

jasonhpchu

@zmh1175

Let me spell this out for you.

ON Plan, and you're in BC (BC is not in ON, so you're OUTSIDE ON)

Calling BC number - OK

Calling ON number - need LD addon

Receiveing ANY call - need LD addon

zmh1175

OMG, I know this. I mean If I am outside ON  but I only have ON plan. Can I make or receive phone call with LD addon.

@SRS wrote:

If you have an Ontario number a go to another province, lets use BC as an example.  If you want to make a call in BC to a BC # that would be considered a local call.  To receive a call while in BC on your Ontario number you need to have one of the LD add ons, to call outside of BC (with an ontario number) you would need to have a LD add on.

hopetindall
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@zmh1175 wrote:

Here is another questiion then. PM is prepaid service. How will they bill 4c/min? I really confused you answer.

Hi @zmh1175

When you purchase a long-distance add-on your account is credited with x long distance minutes (either 200 or 400).

They will 'bill 4c/min' effectively by lowering your added-on LD minutes each time you make a call that isn't covered in your plan.

PHT 

jasonhpchu

@zmh1175 

If you're OUTSIDE ON, then follow what I said on my other post's example.  As I have put you in BC.

the 4c/min is $15 / 400 minute.

saying 4c/min is really confusing.

let's just say after paying $15, you have 400 minutes to work with.

SRS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have an Ontario number a go to another province, lets use BC as an example.  If you want to make a call in BC to a BC # that would be considered a local call.  To receive a call while in BC on your Ontario number you need to have one of the LD add ons, to call outside of BC (with an ontario number) you would need to have a LD add on.

zmh1175

Here is another questiion then. PM is prepaid service. How will they bill 4c/min? I really confused you answer.

zmh1175

@jasonhpchu wrote:

Here's the blurb from PM themselves:

"Includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A long distance talk add-on is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province."

You dont get my question. I mean IF I AM OUTSIDE ON.

jasonhpchu

Here's the blurb from PM themselves:

"Includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A long distance talk add-on is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province."

mhaider

Unfortunately, there is no roaming add on currently so you will be billed for the minutes you use outside of the province for incoming calls (4c/min)

jasonhpchu

@zmh1175 if you're in BC with your ON number.  You can call BC numbers. You have data.

without LD addon, you cannot receive call from your ON number.

With LD addon, you can receive calls when people call your ON number, and you can call outside of BC.

zmh1175

@jasonhpchu wrote:

@zmh1175 You can call people in the same province you're standing on without LD addon.  Data will continue to work.

LD addon, lets you call people outside of the province you're standing on, and lets people call you when you're not in the home province.

I mean can I make or recieve the phone call even I am not inside ON provice when I only have ON plan. thanks

jasonhpchu

@zmh1175 You can call people in the same province you're standing on without LD addon.  Data will continue to work.

LD addon, lets you call people outside of the province you're standing on, and lets people call you when you're not in the home province.

Need Help? Let's chat.