cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Plan Change and Addons

PMf4n
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all. I have unused 5GB add-on from RBC Promo when I became a PM customer, and 1GB add-on from holiday giveaway. Currently I'm on the $40 5GB plan. I don't use all the data, so I was considering switching down to the 1GB plan for $25. If I switch to the 1GB plan would I lose all my extra add-on data, or would I still be able to use them? Thanks for input.

8 REPLIES 8

PMf4n

I see, I'm new to all this. If it's a generic warning, then I will trust what @will13am  mentioned. Thanks for your input @darlicious .

@PMf4n  This is a generic warning.....but I understand out of an abundance if caution you would like reassurance. If @will13am  has made the downgrade in plan and is assuring you it will be ok that should be assurance enough. But.... I trust it to be true and will iniate the downgrade in plan soon.....

PMf4n

@will13am  I was in the process of changing my plan, but the system said I would lose my promo if I switch. Did you see this warning also?

Screenshot_2020-03-31_23-24-00.png

@will13am  So the RBC 5gb data add ons did stay despite what the promotion initially said....good to know for my plan change. Thanks! That saves me from having to waste the moderators time.

@computergeek541 , what are you trying to do here?  Sink our ship? 🤣

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@PMf4n , one of my many accounts has the RBC deal.  I switched to the $15 plan this month due to reduced usage.  The bonus data that you mentioned are still in the account after the plan change.  You are safe to downgrade the plan.  

@PMf4n wrote:

Hi all. I have unused 5GB add-on from RBC Promo when I became a PM customer, and 1GB add-on from holiday giveaway. Currently I'm on the $40 5GB plan. I don't use all the data, so I was considering switching down to the 1GB plan for $25. If I switch to the 1GB plan would I lose all my extra add-on data, or would I still be able to use them? Thanks for input.

For that plan, I remember that the terms said that any plan change would cause the discount to be lost.  I would have to look further to find out about the terms. Unfortunately, Public usuallly deletes them after a promo ends.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@PMf4n  the 1GIG holiday add on is fine, it will remain if you switch. As for the 5 gig RBC promo, it depends upon the terms, please review them. Here's an article on switching plans  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Need Help? Let's chat.