cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puk Code

mjulian12345678
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there, I recently broke the screen of my S7. I can use the phone through the pc but the sim card seems to be locked saying puk code needed. could you help me?

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mjulian12345678 wrote:

Hey there, I recently broke the screen of my S7. I can use the phone through the pc but the sim card seems to be locked saying puk code needed. could you help me?

@mjulian12345678  - were you able to use the S7 previously?

Do you have another phone to test the SIM card into?

Find you PUK: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk

“SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI (dial *#06# to get it) and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.
  • Only Public Mobile's Customer Support Agents (CSA) can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's Customer Support Agents (CSA) can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
  • Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

@mjulian12345678 

Posting a forum thread with a title of "Message to CS_Agent" isn't the way to send a message to them.  That only created a duplicate discussion about this topic.  You'll need to open a ticket using the chatbot method mentioned earlier or if you continue having difficulties with that, by using the private message link to CS_Agent.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mjulian12345678 

Have you figured out how to send a message to customer support?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

mjulian12345678

thankyou yes its not a huge rush i can wait

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mjulian12345678 

You probably won't get an answer until morning but try anyways. I have on occasion gotten late night service. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA . Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Leave a detailed message of exactly what you did to your phone and put "PUK code" in the subject line. 

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@mjulian12345678 

Great! You might get an answer tomorrow morning.

mjulian12345678

thankyou, i seem to be having issues logging into the chatbot. i am logged in fine here tho. i shall try messaging thanks so much

@mjulian12345678 

There are 2 options to contact the CS_Agent. You can click on the envelope icon (message to CS_Agent) on the top of this page or you click on the SIMON chat button and type in Create a Ticket tyhen follow the prompts.

I hope this helps you.

mjulian12345678

im sorry do you know how to do that? im never really on here.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mjulian12345678 

You will need to contact a CS_Agent for the PUK code. Message them directly but I don't know if staff is available at this time.

Need Help? Let's chat.