cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile stole my money!!! , sim card shows not registered !!

tifsha1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

All of a sudden cellphone says unregistered sim card, can't make or receive calls? I have checked every setting on the phone and also tried it in other unlocked phones...NOTHING....Payment is not due yet, (it's $40 dollar plan) unlimited talk and text plan, plus data. This happened 2 days ago. Can't use selfserve as it says that my password is incorrect. (Never changed it...wait...what??? why is this not working also?). Tried to reset it and it says that it will send me a re-set code in my email, (I have not received any emails from public mobile to reset...so this dos'nt work either????...) Tried this multiply times. NOW I noticed that 2 days ago they also took from my bank (as I have auotpay setup), in the amount of $197.75. I think I've been hacked, is there such a thing? Called my bank and they say call Public mobile. AS IF!!!!!!! Nobody gets back to you. Sent message to the MODS with no response. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! This is crazy. 

31 REPLIES 31

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This could be a faulty SIM card or a phone issue. I just had the same issue with another phone on a different plan. Try taking the SIM card out for 30 seconds and then put it back in. If it doesn't work, shut off then restart the phone. If that does not work try a new SIM card. If that fails you likely have a defect in the phone preventing it from seeing the SIM card and connecting to the network. You can also take it to a store and have them try the SIM in another phone to see if it works to see if it is the card or the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.