cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile sim deactivation

pawan176
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'll be travelling to India for 2 months. I understand that PM doesn't have an international roaming plan for india. However, I'm wondering if my sim will get deactivated simply because it's not in use for 2 months. Would by sim get deactivated even if I keep paying my bills? What's the best way to keep my account while it's not actively in use.

Asking because in India, if a sim card hasn't been in use (doesn't receive a signal) for > 90 days, it simply deactivates.

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@pawan176   it won't deactivate your account if you keep paying or just suspend by not making a payment for less than 90 days

So, the best way to safe money is to disable Pre-Authorized payment, and make sure you reactivate by making a payment within 90 days after the account is suspended.  Maybe 88 days or so just in case.  But if you are just going for 2 months, should be all good

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@pawan176 hi you have 90 days from the time you are suspended to make a payment just disable your cc for the 2 months you are away 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pawan176 , you should be okay with a 2 month pause.  The account will be deactivated if not return to active status after 90 days of suspension.  So it is up to you whether you want to keep making payments of letting the account go into suspension for two plan cycles.

Need Help? Let's chat.