cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Program

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does anyone know when this program will start up and how we opt into it?  

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl 

When comparing the the two reward programs the community and referral rewards remain the same. The differences are the $2 autopay reward changing under the points program to 5% of funds added to your balance with the break even point being the the $40 plan (5% of $40=$2). But the greatest difference is the loyalty reward with points system drastically reducing the payout earned.

The only advantage to switching to the points program would be if a longtime customer or a new customer plans to leave public mobile shortly after one year of joining the points program and cashing out their accumulated points to pay for their last month or two of their plan or to purchase add ons they intend to use immediately. Otherwise the loyalty reward is up to 5 times more valuable than loyalty points.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zyl wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

"Public Points Program"...never heard of it. Where did you see it mentioned ? Did I miss an Announcement ?

@hairbag1   The program was launched yesterday, Jan.  25, 2022.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

@Zyl : That user has been here a while. I would highly suspect he was being somewhat sarcastic. But maybe not. Very helpful of you to pick up on that post.

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ccdevmike wrote:

It seemed inviting but maybe its not as good?

@ccdevmike   Everything is really the same except the reward for Autopay.  If your plan cost is $40 and lower, you are better off on the current dollar reward system otherwise, the reward is equal to or even better than the current dollar reward system, imo. 

Zyl

@hairbag1 wrote:

"Public Points Program"...never heard of it. Where did you see it mentioned ? Did I miss an Announcement ?

@hairbag1   The program was launched yesterday, Jan.  25, 2022.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7...

Zyl

@ccdevmike wrote:

Thanks

It's already launched as of yesterday.  You can opt into it by clicking on "Join Public Points" on the left-hand side after you have clicked on "Rewards" after signing in.  https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/Joining-Public-Points

Thanks 

@ccdevmike wrote:

I appreciate your input. I'm going through the other treads and leaning towards staying with the current program. I'm only on the $25/mo plan and am very happy with how everything is operating now. I don't really want to go in each month an apply discounts. I like how it works now thank you very much. 

Thanks again. 

@ccdevmike  - see the bottom of Jade_S's announcement in the link that was provided by @411 and @BKNS27 .

There is an excel spreadsheet (Rewards Calculator) that you can save and then insert values to see what the points rewards could look like.

I think many current customers are thinking to 'stay as is', and likely not opt in.

I can see many customers just choosing to opt in (as Public Mobile is making it sounds like this is the better way to go), but not actually realizing they lose their current rewards method...🙄. Should be an interesting next few weeks/months...

ccdevmike

@darlicious Thank you. I'm glad to be staying till they change it for us. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ccdevmike 

There is no good reason to opt into the new points program unless you really want to enter contests with your points. Unless you are on a $50+ plan where you would earn marginally more than the $2 autopay reward you will lose expedentially down the road on lost loyalty rewards.

You are about 6 months in on your first loyalty rewards? On the points system you would recieve:

5 welcome points+18 one time loyalty points+10 anniversary points after your first year=33 points Second year+10=43 Third year+10=53 Fourth year+10=63+Fifth year+10=73 points+50=123 points after 10 years=$123 in value

$6 loyalty already earned+$6+$12=$24 in one year (6×$1+6×$2)+$12+18=$54 in two years+$18+24 =$96 in three years+$24+$30=$150 in four years+$30+$30=$210 in five years+$300=$510 in 10 years ($387 more in loyalty rewards than in points value)

The break even on the $2 autopay reward is the $40 plan 5% rebate=$2 $50=$2.50 $60=$3 $70=$3.50

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

ccdevmike

I appreciate your input. I'm going through the other treads and leaning towards staying with the current program. I'm only on the $25/mo plan and am very happy with how everything is operating now. I don't really want to go in each month an apply discounts. I like how it works now thank you very much. 

Thanks again. 

@ccdevmike wrote:

The answer to that would be opinion and would also depend on how many rewards you currently have and the plan that you're on.  I played around with some numbers, and I found that in most cases, customers were bettter not to swtich. The drastic reduction of loyalty rewrds/points and the elimination of autopay reward makes the new program unappealing to me. There's a calculation tool/spreadsheet in the announcement thread, and from my exprerience, the numbers look good in he first year, but the tool stops at 2 years. As time goes on after 2 years, the loyalty aspect only gets worse on the new program.

ccdevmike

Yes if its not an automatic thing like the current rewards plan its, that's kind of a turn off. 

ccdevmike

@ccdevmike wrote:

Before opting in, please read up about the program as much as you can.  I believe that most current customers will be better off staying on the old program. Once the change has been made, you will not be able to swtich back.

ccdevmike

Thanks for the info everyone! 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hairbag1

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points-Rewards/td-p/...

EDIT: Oops, my apologies for sharing the same link that @BKNS27 did. I was 13 seconds slower...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It started today (January 25th), and you can opt-in by going to https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards, signing in, and then selecting "Join Public Points".

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.