cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Text Notifications

Rooselark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there any way to find out if my account is set up to receive Public Mobile texts regarding freebies like the one that is being given out in August to some subscribers?

8 REPLIES 8

@Rooselark 

This can be done. I had the same problem but just found this out. Contact the mods, they have the ability to do it now.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello Robert,

Thank you for reaching us.

I have re-started the notification for you.

Please just turn off and on the phone, just to be sure it will synchronize accordingly with the system.

@Rooselark 

If you think you have....text  START or UNSTOP to the shortcode to resubscribe if you are unsure.

Rooselark
  • I think it would be very helpful if Public Mobile could put a toggle button within the account page which would reflect the status of yes to receive or no not to receive text notifications from Public Mobile.  That way it won't be guesswork especially if the account holder mistakenly or inadvertently opted out.  That way if they made a mistake it would be easy to fix.

@Rooselark wrote:

Is there a way to check if you mistakenly opted out seeing that it was a question that would have been asked during account setup???

Opting out is done by sending a text message. You would know if you sent an unsubscribe message.

Rooselark

Is there a way to check if you mistakenly opted out seeing that it was a question that would have been asked during account setup???

@Rooselark wrote:

Is there any way to find out if my account is set up to receive Public Mobile texts regarding freebies like the one that is being given out in August to some subscribers?

If you never opted out of receiving such messages, you will receive them if they apply to you.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

They send it to selected customers, you have to be either in certain zone and on certain plan, you are automatically considered.

If you get any sms messages from pm (ie their customer) you are good to go

Rooselark

Thanks for this very informative post.  I wonder if you know the answer to this question.  I am looking into a friend's account to see if I can check if she inadvertently turned off her account's ability to receive text promos and other such notifications from Public Mobile.  I need to figure that out To help her.

Need Help? Let's chat.