cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile SIM card doesn't prompt me for the unlock code

Benelesius
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the unlock code from Freedom Mobile for my device, but I don't have an opportunity to enter it after I restart my phone. I also can't activate my plan because it just freezes on the phone number part.

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Benelesius wrote:

I have the unlock code from Freedom Mobile for my device, but I don't have an opportunity to enter it after I restart my phone. I also can't activate my plan because it just freezes on the phone number part.

Hello @Benelesius 

Were you able to successfully activate the Public Mobile SIM card?

If not, maybe you could try the Online Activation Assistance method.

Click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

Hours of Operation: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST / 11:00AM - 8:00PM EST

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Benelesius 

Unlock the phone first before activating the PM SIM if you haven’t already. If you forgot the code, you can contact Freedom Mobile for the code…it is illegal now for carriers to lock phones.

Contact a moderator to have to restart the porting process by clicking on the SIMon chat button and create a ticket to the moderator.

You will need to leave the Freedom SIM in the phone and wait for a SMS text from Freedom to confirm you are porting over to PM. Then power off the phone and swap the Freedom to PM SIM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back,

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

for more info Transferring Or Changing Your Phone Number Click HERE ,

or

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting, Click HERE,

or

Choosing Or Transferring A Phone Number During Activation, Click HERE.

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with us with a temporary phone number and after that let me know to help you with the port in.

that even if a person is not a customer of Public Mobile they can create an username under the Community and get in contact with a Moderator. Send any information related to the activation and the phone number that they want to transfer and then we can work with that in our system.

i hope that information for a new customer is will help them.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Benelesius  it is possible the phone is already unlocked, especially if it was bought last couple years.

If it got stuck at the phone number part, I believe you haven't enter your credit card info yet, so you should be safe and no need to worry about PM already charged your credit card.

Try using a different browser or try using incognito and try to activate again

Need Help? Let's chat.