cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile App

dighilc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HOW MANY OF YOU SUPPORT THE IDEA OF A PUBLIC MOBILE APPLICATION ?
Please interact with this post to promote the idea of building an App. Making user experience more personal and easy. 

19 REPLIES 19

mimmo
Oracle
Oracle

@dighilc   its been talked about many times.  while possible.  I would rather see improvements to selfserve, and fixing all the other glitches before this happens.

koodo also used to have an app,  but they got rid of it because they found their selfserve was just as good.  hopefully the new selfserve that PM is/should be working on is mobile friendly which i think would solve the need for an app.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

I would prefer not to pay for it in the rates. I would vote for improving mobile browser access to the self-serve though. But not a whole app. As it is, one has to zoom in to "click" on things.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

It costs, better use resources for fixing bugs and towards having smoother selfserve instead. Also i try to have less apps not more. Browser is fine when it's not slow and heavy, link to selfserve on homepage can get you there quickly

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dighilc wrote:

Please interact with this post to promote the idea of building an App. Making user experience more personal and easy. 

@dighilc - I liked the Koodo app (back in the day, when they had it). It was convenient and informative.

So although I think an app would be "nice to have" option, I also agree with the others who posted so far.

Spend resources and money on improving things we KNOW that needs improving, rather than spreading everything way too thin and making things worse.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@dighilc wrote:

I don't think it makes it more personal or easy. The trend is to take these apps away because they were only account management apps. A browser bookmark with the password saved and kept logged in is almost the same thing. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I would, @dighilc 

But only if the costs of developing and maintaining such an app pays for itself by increasing numbers of new activations and customers with public mobile, thus keeping costs unaffected to existing customers. 

dighilc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe that instead of putting that time and effort in making the website better and then creating an app, if we put that time and effort right now in creating the app it would create a much greater user interface. More customers and easier community interaction too.

Everything has an app now from light bulbs to cars...

Its high time to get on the wave of technology or be left behind.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dighilc while you're waiting (presumably: a long, long time) for an app from PM, here's a partial workaround you may want to consider (assuming you're an Android user):

Appify Self-serve and/or Community sites

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

softech
Mayor / Maire

Doubt this will ever happen.

Koodo used to have an app, then they retired it couple years ago, I think 2017

unless we see Koodo app make a come back, i doubt we will see this for PM..