cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prorated Credit on my account

saurabhbhat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to know what happens to the bill I was charged on my card before I moved out. My card was charged on the 23rd of March for the entire month and I switched over to another provider on 28th of March. 

Whom do I need to get in touch with to get the prorated credit settled? 

Thanks in advance 

8 REPLIES 8

saurabhbhat

No additional charges. I just got a credit after I switched over.Will probably cancel my services next time just 3-4 days before my bill cycle ends. Thanks again! 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@saurabhbhat 

It's likely that while you did prepay for your Roger's mobile service the fact that they extend service and allow pay as go services to be billed to your account means your plan would fall under the category of postpaid plans under the WCC which is why they are providing you with a pro-rated refund.

Interesting....Roger's is now offering 6 month prepaid services with unlimited talk and text and 6gb/$150 ($25/month), 18gb/$200 ($33.33 month) and 30gb/$225 ($37.50/month).

But then did you have to pay for any overages or consumption on the next bill? Did you have a bill? Would it impact your credit score if you didn't pay?

All so-called postpaid accounts are paid up front. But then other things are charged afterwards. Also your services would keep working banking on you paying eventually. And if you don't pay the normal bill then they will go after you.

This pre-paid service will simply stop working at the end of the 30 days.

@saurabhbhat 

Your Rogers account is likely a postpaid type account just that they charge you a month in advance.  Those accounts, you have a choice of missing a bill but still able to use the service for a month or two. 

With PM, it is true prepaid provider and they won't refund in situation like that.  Sorry about it

saurabhbhat

ago

Thanks for the response. I ask because I also ported out from Rogers on another number as well at the same time and I received the credit for it. It was pre paid too( I was charged in advance each month) and I was told the cheque has been mailed to me. So are you sure PM doesn’t provide any credits like other service providers on per paid services? 

i haven’t moved out to Kodoo or Telus by the way 

thanks

saurabhbhat

Thanks for the response. I ask because I also ported out from Rogers on another number as well at the same time and I received the credit for it. It was pre paid too( I was charged in advance each month) and I was told the cheque has been mailed to me. So are you sure PM doesn’t provide any credits like other service providers on per paid services? 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

If it's any consolation, @saurabhbhat , no prepaid providers will prorate or provide refunds for cycles remaining when a user ports out or asks their account be 'closed'.   While it may be unhelpful in this case, if you plan on porting out from a prepaid provider in future, try to plan the port out anywhere from 3-5 days before the end of the cycle date.

Their Service Terms at the bottom covers this:

• Prepaid service credits are non-refundable. After ninety days with no active rate plan, your account will be automatically deactivated.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@saurabhbhat   sorry, PM is a prepaid provider and won't provide prorated refund leaving PM before the end of the cycle.  Sorry about that

However, if you moved to Koodo or Telus, there is a chance they can provide you some compensation as PM is part of the Telus family.    

Need Help? Let's chat.