cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with service!

Nicholasdelzott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined public mobile earlier this afternoon.  I ported my number from Virgin mobile. I can't receive calls or texts.. it shouldn't take this lon. Virgin says they haven't received message from PM to complete process.  it shouldn't take this long .You may lose a customer quickly .

6 REPLIES 6

Nicholasdelzott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No..i got the txt from virgin and replied yes. They indicate they have it and are awaiting a response from PM

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nicholasdelzott  you have made a good choice to switch to Public Mobile. I had been with Virgin from 2012 to 2019 and got tired of their pricing games. The process went quickly for me when I made the switch. I assume you followed the steps in this help article. Hopefully in the interim, everything has gone through. If not, try the help bot to contact a customer service agent online. Watch for notifications in your community profile.

You might get a call from Virgin to win you back. In my expetience, I was placed on a long hold because they couldn't compete with Public Mobile.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Nicholasdelzott 

Common mistake from new members porting their old number over to PM…NOT leaving the old SIM in the phone to get the text from the old carrier! There is a 90 minute window to reply or porting will be aborted.

Thinking by popping in the new SIM in the phone, it will get service…NOT.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You should receive SMS from Virgin and reply Yes within 90 minutes. Virgin SMS should stay in your phone. Both accounts have to be active.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Did you not receive a text from virgin asking you to reply YES to transfer your old number , this needs to happen before port is complete 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nicholasdelzott 

Did you leave your Virgin SIM card in your device to reply YES to the port authorization request text.

And did you reply "YES" within 90 minutes of receiving the text?

I'll send you a number to call to assist with porting problems - check your private messages upper right on envelope icon.

Need Help? Let's chat.