cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with account generating multiple community accounts -

Deleted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have reported the following in part before by one of my other community accounts - -------My cell plan works fine ---.  The problem is that even though I am able to log in to my account page it always directs me to set up a new community account.

Any suggestions?

43 REPLIES 43

@Deleted - the email and password is used to log into community and My Account. The 2FA phone number in EverSafe (as stated above) is for when you are needing those codes sent to your phone for verifications of your log in credentials.

@Deleted  Yes . You can use any number your want to use in the eversafe ID to receive verification code and keep the accounts phone number the same (without changing it) 

Deleted

@Handy1 wrote:

@Deleted  No changing ever safe phone won’t change the account phone number . Just means that number in the ever safe is where the codes will be sent to verify account . So if you had a child on PM you could put your number in the ever safe ID to manage it for them . It’s what I do with my accounts. I have my personal number in the ever safe ID with my number to receive the codes to make changes on the account change plan change payment method but add on etc 

So if I understand this correctly - a different number then your cell may be used to log in ---- BUT your cell number would still be linked to the unwanted community accounts .

@softech wrote:

You can use any number as long as the number is not currently tied with another EverSafe account

Oh that's a better way to say it. My previous wording elsewhere was too convoluted. Thanks

@Deleted  no, the Eversafe phone number is strictly for receiving the 2FA.  You can use any number as long as the number is not currently tied with another EverSafe account

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profilehttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profile

@Deleted  No changing ever safe phone won’t change the account phone number . Just means that number in the ever safe is where the codes will be sent to verify account . So if you had a child on PM you could put your number in the ever safe ID to manage it for them . It’s what I do with my accounts. I have my personal number in the ever safe ID with my number to receive the codes to make changes on the account change plan change payment method but add on etc 

Deleted

Would changing EverSafe phone also change account phone? I ask this question because I hope it may unlink my account from all the unwanted  community accounts forced to create  by EverSafe and linked to my phone number. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It's all so ridiculous how this has all happened along with the ridiculously inconsistent support.  They have gone through way too many iterations of hack jobs of the system since it came out.

On day one I had very little (but some) fiddling to get one account done. Then a couple weeks later I had these problems on another account. First support result was escalating...somewhere and to wait a couple days. A couple days later I inquired and that agent got it done. I was required to make a new community nickname and they made it happen. History and all.

So this YMMV support problem is simply preposterous.

Deleted

Thank you very much for all the information provided. 

Deleted

Since this new EverSafe system seems to have numerous faults—- isn’t it reasonable to revert back to the old system ? Wonder what was so wrong with the old system that prompted PM to introduce this new system?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Strange how this process has become difficult.  Early on in the eversafe ID rollout, the CSA team were able to fix this problem without much fanfare.  I wonder if this is now being caused by a totally different bug. 

Deleted

Yes I have repeatedly asked that they delete my extra unwanted community accounts but  all I get is sympathy and that my situation is escalated to their engineering. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Deleted , what you reporting is rather abnormal.  Have you successfully completed the eversafe ID process?  If you have you should be able to get CSA to delete the redundant community accounts and attach the one you sent to keep to your online account.  I had to go through this exact process.  The key step is having the redundant community accounts deleted because they can tie up the email association. 

Need Help? Let's chat.