cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems since switching to Public Mobile

CelineG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Since switching to Public; at random, texts won't go through and I'm also not able to do phone calls. I reboot my phone many times a day. Any solutions??

THanks,

Celine

3 REPLIES 3

@CelineG 

what phone do you have? exact model and brand? and outgoing calls work prefectly?

Please try these steps first :

• reboot your phone once.  
  • reseat your sim card (Power down the phone, take sim card out for a minute, then put it back and power up)
  • change your Preferred Network Type or Network Mode on your phone to 3G Only (or WCDMA)
  • Try to click Reset all networks and see if it helps (please note it will also delete your saved Wifi connections, but you can easily add them back later)
  • if you have another phone, put your sim card in that other phone and test
  • use your phone in another area, it could be a local network issue

But you still have the same issue after trying all above, then please engage support and ask them to reprovision your sim on the system:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

CelineG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have received calls and texts and have been able to do calls and texts also. It is totally random. Sometimes when rebooting it goes back to normal but today, no luck!

Will try to call them, thank you!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CelineG 

did you port in your phone number from another carrier?  If so, do you know if you ever able to receive incoming calls?  If you are unsure and don't think you ever receive incoming calls, then it is a problem with porting.  The number was not successfully ported yet.

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.