cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre pay plans

brnvince
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a new sim and it’s for a prepay plan for one of my kids. However when I go online to activate it they want me to sign up for a plan. 

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@brnvince wrote:

I have a new sim and it’s for a prepay plan for one of my kids. However when I go online to activate it they want me to sign up for a plan. 

@brnvince - do you mean your kid already has a Public Mobile plan, but you needed a new sim card for some reason (damaged or lost) to replace the existing one?

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

In case you activated in store you may not have even created a Self Serve account. If that is the case, you can create one

here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If still issues swapping the old SIM card with the new SIM card, click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

If this is a new account you are trying to activate...see other posts.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Each account - phone number is independent at PM.

Thus, you have to open new account with unique email for your kid. You can use same credit card to pay a bill on multiple accounts.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@brnvince 

The SIM will not just work if you don’t select a plan for your kids. For light user, the $15 plan maybe just right but for heavy user, you can pick the most expensive plan in 3 or 4G.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brnvince 

A prepay plan is exactly that you choose a plan and prepay for the next 30 days of service. If you do not wish to continue service for the next 30 days you can disable autopay so the plan does not renew and you have a maximum 89/90 days to pay and reactivate before the account and Sim card gets canceled and deactivated. 

If at anytime in the next 30 days you wish to change plans you can schedule a change plan on next renewal or choose to change immediately but this option means you forfeit the remaining days and services of the current plan with no prorating, credit or refund. It is only recommended when more than 1gb of mobile data is required. Autopay will only attempt to charge your registered payment card for the plan amount once every 30 days after debiting any available funds in your account balance first. Which plan are you considering? The $15 plan?

The preferred method by pm if you need a referral code for the $10 bonus credit is for you to choose a community member and send them a private message requesting their referral code. This prevents your private message box from being overrun with members sending you their referral code. Additionally unsolicited referral codes are against the community ToS and should not be used but rather reported but that is entirely up to you.

Given that you have just recieved your pm Sim card in the mail if you activate today and contact customer support and explain the late arrival of Sim card resulted in you missing the activation deadline to recieve the holiday gifts. If you ask nicely customer support may still add them to the account as a gesture of goodwill. As always though it's YMMV.

I recommend you take screenshots of each activation page to capture the info you provide  along with the transaction summary at the end of a successful activation. I suggest that once you log into the self serve account and verify the account with the 2FA code that you disable 2FA on the profile page so you do not have to verify every time you log into the account.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@brnvince 

If you acquired the SIM card through this service via mail or at Telus, Koodo or Mobile Klinic, you need to activate it on a selected Plan before it can be used.

In order to do this, you need to have a credit card or Visa/MC debit, an email address, and the SIM card in hand.

Then click "activate" at the top of the page and follow the directions to completion. 

If you don't have a referral code from a current public mobile customer, you can ask for one here and it will be provided.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@brnvince @Yes you have to pick a plan and pre pay for it 

Need Help? Let's chat.