cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Authorized payments

louisac12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd like to make pre-authorized payment from my newly bank account debit card.  If I were to change my Public Mobile Auto-Payment using this debit card, does Public Mobile consider this a Pre-Authorized Payment?

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also think it's the trigger. I see it as a PAP pushes money somewhere. This autopay pulls money from somewhere. Is a bank really gonna wanna keep moving the date up? No. You tell it the date...it'll push the money then.

I guess the trigger is a bit different, possible due to the fact that it is every 30 days and not true monthly.  Also possible the way it does will have a slightly less service charge on the PM side?   

Yes, if you have a credit card that give you cash back for reoccurring charge,  it might not work out the way you wanted to

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Banks do not consider autopay with PM as a pre-authorized payment.  So if you signed up with a new bank and the requirements were so many PAP's and payroll deposits this wouldn't count as a PAP

Why?

PM automatically charges my credit card but does not send indicator to my bank that it is pre-authorized payment? Why it is so difficult to do?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@louisac12 hi, yes you can use your visa debit for auto-pay. 

remove the original card registered and then register your debit card

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@louisac12 wrote:

I'd like to make pre-authorized payment from my newly bank account debit card.  If I were to change my Public Mobile Auto-Payment using this debit card, does Public Mobile consider this a Pre-Authorized Payment?

Banks do not consider autopay with PM as a pre-authorized payment.  So if you signed up with a new bank and the requirements were so many PAP's and payroll deposits this wouldn't count as a PAP

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @louisac12 ,

FYI:

Registering A Credit Or Visa Debit Card

If you didn’t register a card at activation, you can do so by signing in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Register my Credit or Visa Debit Card’. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-online

@louisac12 wrote:

Payments cannot be initated through your online banking. 

Need Help? Let's chat.