cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Fraud

MobileCurious
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife is a caretaker for a senior who received a call from someone who represented himself as being from Telus/Public Mobile.  

Michael #7701 - Contact # 647-493-6032 - Working at Erin Mills Parkway office.

He was presenting an offer for a device (Samsung S23) and service that seemed a bit too good to be true.  I need to verify this legitimacy of this agent, or this case needs to be referred to law enforcement.

3 REPLIES 3

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

The number caller I’d might be spoofed. Also it is an Iristel voip number. 

B5FBD7D9-40E9-421A-85A1-540BE7A6C2E1.jpeg

For some reason we get a lot of calls or texts from a 778 Iristel number in Prince George BC. And to us that can appear as a local number. Usually a political call.

I just called your number, mentioned here. Just keeps ringing. I would NOT follow up and would block the number if possible. 

And why would Telus or PM use a VOIP service? It’s a scam!!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

As long as no personal information or identity verification was given by the senior then just ignore it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MobileCurious   I doubt it is real

First, PM does not sell the latest phone, I assume you meant S22, there is no Samsung S23 yet (if he did say S23, itis for sure FRAUD  🙂  )

And PM won't be calling it's customers for selling phones or selling plans

BTW, you said he is from Telus/PM?  Did he ask you to join Telus instead?  If so, it could be those Telus outside sales cold-calling

Need Help? Let's chat.