cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

Richard21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately, I removed my freedom mobile sim card before receiving the port confirmation message. 

As it's expired now, I need Public to send another port request to freedom mobile

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Richard21 

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues after speaking with the Porting Team @softech provided, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Richard21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Richard21 yes, there is a number you can call to talk to PM porting team in person and they can help to re-trigger the text

please check the Community inbox, will send you the number

Need Help? Let's chat.