cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

brandon1186
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I am having trouble porting my daughter's number from chatr to public mobile.

14 REPLIES 14

@darlicious wrote:

Public Mobile does not want the pudding department phone number posted publicly in the community.

@darlicious  - mmmmmmm pudding.

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@brandon1186 

open incognito mode,clear cache,cookie, try agan to activated, if your daughter's number chatr not actvie don't worry activated with pm and make call to chatr them will do it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@porcupine 

Sorry I should have mentioned that I had already sent the Telus porting department phone number to the OP via private messages earlier before it was mentioned that the chatr service was not active. No further progress on porting the phone number into public mobile can be achieved until there is active service on the chatr account.

Public Mobile does not want the pudding department phone number posted publicly in the community. You must share it via private messages or they will likely delete your post or at it out to the phone number. I suggest you edit it out yourself.

Edit:

I was going to correct pudding with porting but mmmmm.... @dust2dust made it sound so delicious that I decided to leave it. Do you remember as a kid going to those restaurants that had all the desserts lined up that you could choose from and the chocolate pudding with the fake whipped cream on it seems so scrumptious looking as a kid. The dishes of the cubes of colorful jello with whipped cream was always so tempting to choose as well?!!🍮 No pudding or jello emojis to choose from only a very adult creme brulee.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@brandon1186 - if you were charged for the SIM card activation and porting your chatr number during the activation process, then try calling that number @porcupine posted above.

It is the Telus Porting phone number (they deal with Kood and Public too). If you cannot reach an agent hit '0' until you reach someone and see if they can get the porting going again.

Or, you may submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

porcupine, I think you meant to private message that number to OP. 🙂

porcupine

1844 2327678

porcupine

I will send you the number for porting problems

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brandon1186 

If she doesn't have services working on her phone then it's not active. But chatr does have daily top ups of $2 I believe. Make a payment on her account and then you will be able to initiate the port request. It needs to be active so the phone and SIM card can receive the porting authorization text and you can reply YES to it within 90 minutes.

Edit:

Purchase a $2 day pass that gives unlimited talk and text for one day. Text BEGIN to 4962. Then you need to reply ENROLL if you receive a text back. But check first for a text message that chatr sent to the phone before her renewal. It the deducts $2 from the account balance daily until you can pay your monthly fee. It is not clear if enrolling is a requirement before you are suspended to access this service otherwise you will have to pay the minimum monthly fee of their cheapest plan which would be $15.

brandon1186

Its just past her monthly bill date it's still active I think . 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brandon1186 

Her chatr account was active when you initiated the port?

brandon1186

She has no service on chatr right now so I need someone to force the port on your end. You guys did it for my account and number 2 weeks ago when it got stuck same way 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brandon1186 

Log out of the account. Clear your browser. Google Chrome tends to work best or Microsoft edge. Login using secret/incognito mode. Try again.

Edit:

Just to confirm you are trying to port her number through her new account that you chose a temporary number to activate with?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brandon1186 

You need to enter the following information:

• Full name on the chatr account.
  • The chatr account number.
  • The phone number.
  • Alternate phone number. (Optional or use your phone number.)

Keep the chatr SIM card in her phone to reply yes to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of receiving it.

brandon1186

Hi I tried through a new activation. Now I'm asking through my account here. I think it said error code 812 something like that 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brandon1186 

Are porting it in thru her self-serve account or upon activation?

Need Help? Let's chat.