cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting to Freedom

marco1891
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to port my public mobile to Freedom

I've called Freedom but they tried to port my number. however, they could not port it because Telus said that this number is not in their system.

How can I port my PM Number to Freedom

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

marco1891

Thanks,

I've considered all the questions to myself. I already have my freedom. However, I prefer to keep staying with them for some reasons.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @marco1891,

We've replied to your message. Please check your inbox 🙂

Thank you,

Syed

@marco1891, I don't know what makes you want to go to Freedom, but this hassle would make me change my mind.

Have you researched the brand, do you know what service to expect where you want to use your phone?  These are questions I ask myself when I consider Freedom, and the answer is always (for me) to stay here.  I know what I'm paying, I know what service I get, and I generally know what to expect where I might travel to.

marco1891

Thanks for replay

I will give a try one more time. however, I've send a message to the moderator. Hope they can help me to fix this issue

Cheers

@marco1891 wrote:

I did all that. My account is active. I can make  calls or send texts. I gave them all the info. but they could not port it.

Phone number portability is the responsibility of the carrier you are transfering to.  It's up to Freedom to get this fixed for you.

I know that you might be able to talk to the moderators to find out what is going on, but my opinion is that if you have to go through that, I might consider just staying.   I hope Freedom can figure this out for you.

marco1891

I did all that. My account is active. I can make  calls or send texts. I gave them all the info. but they could not port it.

marco1891

I told them that this number is Public Mobile. Since Public Mobile is under Telus. They have to send a request to Telus to port the number. When they did that. Telus response was negative.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@marco1891

try to port your PM number to Freedom again.  Give your PM account number and PM phone number to Freedom.  Your phone number is with PM - NOT Telus.  All you need to do is make sure you PM account is active. 

Login your account online. 

What is your account status on the overview page?

@marco1891 wrote:

I know

that's odd. I've tried the link that you gave it to me.

how come is my number under Telus?!!!

Telus owns Public Mobile.  What I'm curous to know is how Freedom even knows that this is a Telus/Public Mobile phone number unless they've checked.  And if they know that info, how can they claim there is no such phone number?

marco1891

I know

I asked Freedom Mobile to Port this number to Freedom from PM. However, they came up with this Telus answer.

marco1891

I know

that's odd. I've tried the link that you gave it to me.

how come is my number under Telus?!!!

@marco1891 wrote:

I gave them all the information and my public mobile is active.

but Telus said there is no number such as this

If that's the case, you'll have to take it up with Freedom.  Public Mobile can't port your number to Freedom. It's Freedom Mobile who has to start the process.  If the number is active, that's the only condition that you need to follow.  I'm confused as to why you were talking to Telus.

Is it possible that Telus has not your phone number because you are with public mobile??? Even if public mobile is with telus... @marco1891

marco1891

I gave them all the information and my public mobile is active.

but Telus said there is no number such as this

@marco1891 wrote:

I want to port my public mobile to Freedom

I've called Freedom but they tried to port my number. however, they could not port it because Telus said that this number is not in their system.

How can I port my PM Number to Freedom

Thanks

As said earlier, make sure you Public Mobile service is active.  Disable Autopay if you have preauthorized payments enabled, and gather your Public Mobile account number.  Providing Freedom your Public Mobile phone number and account number should be all there is to it.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

And be careful your PM number need to be active if you want to port it to freedom @marco1891

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

You will need to write a message to the moderator...click here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

write moderator_team and it will appear in send to...explain your request...wait 1 or 2 days and they will help you... @marco1891

Need Help? Let's chat.