cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting sim to eSIM issues

TheMAdVenturer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I ported my Roger’s simcard number a few backs once it was successful I took it out and all has gone smoothly. All calls made to the old phone work, and all new calls made out work. Issue is my iPhone suddenly gave me an error for iMessage saying my phone number (original number) is deactivated as it’s no longer attached to the simcard. On the phone part of settings trying to change it doesn’t get me anywhere, and iMessage and FaceTime both show the original eSIM number PM assigned me. When I try to sign into PM account I can only do so via email verification, PM sends texts to that original number, but when I am actually logged into my account the number that shows under my number is the Roger’s number that I ported. 

has any one ran into this issue? I’ve tried resets/turn off iMessage/FaceTime with no success. 

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@TheMAdVenturer 

I’ve been getting the same message about FaceTime and iMessage on my iPhone 14 Pro Max for a couple of weeks now and it said I had 5 days to do this. So I remove the SIM and rebooted the phone and still get the same message. I evenly ignore the message…phone still works. I think it is a glitch on iOS 17.0.3.

I also have 2 other iPhones with my same iCloud account with FaceTime & iMessage linked to my primary number and email…don’t know if it had something to do with it.

hi@TheMAdVenturer 

you formatted your phone after the eSIM installed? if so, did you let iPhone to save the esim first before reset/format the phone?  it is an important step or you lost your original esim and need to rebuy 

One thing to check , see if calls working now.  Of course, check if imessage/facetime work 

TheMAdVenturer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So strange thing happened I’ve formatted and rebooted the phone multiple times, trying the airplane mode and turn off/on iMessage and FaceTime. I’ve got an iPhone 14 Plus. It didn’t switch phone numbers and the strange thing was the text to verify when I login to public mobile was sending to the eSIM number PM gave me, not the cell I ported. 

Anyhow, I guess I’m my multiple attempts one worked, I wanna say it was airplane mode, switch off, turn on and off airplane mode (had IMessage and FT switched off) and then when I switched iMessage back on it loaded the phone number. 

appreciate you taking the time to help out!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @TheMAdVenturer 

if you are still able to make and receive calls and only iMessage is the problem, then it is the phone number on iMessage/Facetime that need to be updated, not the eSIM

Go into iMessage, just remove the phone number first.  Then reboot the phone.  Finally, go back into it and add the phone number work and it would be good

Need Help? Let's chat.