cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting question for weekends

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey guys, I just helped a friend switch over to public and she ported her old number from Bell. Everything went smooth and her data and outgoing calls work but still no incoming calls or text message from Public saying porting was successful. We restarted the phone many times. I’m wondering if because it’s weekend it takes longer to fully port? Normally is 10-30 minutes for me

3 REPLIES 3

@kahull make sire you are getting incoming calls 9n your PM sim card to confirm porting really completed 

kahull
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I did my port on Thursday am I did not receive a message either.  I looked it up and it said I could put in the PM SIM as soon as I answered the porting text.  I did and then my phone started displaying “Public Mobile” so I knew I was good.  It was the first time I did the porting by myself, but the PM website had really good instructions.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mountainmaxman 

not because of the weekend.  Weekend porting is good as weekday

did she reply a text from Bell to approve the porting?

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider, Bell in his case, and reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.