cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number from other network

Selinatse3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my PM sim card using online.  Do I need to contact Rogers to port my phone number to PM?

6 REPLIES 6

allenw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, your old carrier is not responsible for transferring over your phone number, they wouldn't be able to do so. You can complete your port in with the Rogers Account # and your Rogers Phone Number through the self serve menu under My Account on Public Mobile's Website (The one we're on right now). The Rogers Account # is a series of 9 digits found in your online bill in your email or an old copy of their paper bill in the top left hand corner. Alternatively, you can call into Rogers Customer Service and authenticate yourself over the phone or visit a Rogers Store with Valid Government Issued Photo ID to request for the account number. 

@CannonFodder  lol no pre-written was rushing to leave work didn't pay attention to see "Rogers" so added it Koodo part sorry buddy..I'll X that part out..good looking out forum policeman 👮‍♂️🚔🚨😂

@Jb456 wrote:

@Selinatse3 wrote:

I just activated my PM sim card using online.  Do I need to contact Rogers to port my phone number to PM?

But who are you porting from?? For instance Koodo prepaid you need to contact Moderators to do the port.

@Jb456  See OP, which you quoted..... or were those two sentences of yours part of your pre-written blurb that you throw at all threads that require this sort of info?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Selinatse3 wrote:

Create a self serve account at link below

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Screenshot_20191223_210328.jpg

Guide below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

But who are you porting from?? For instance Koodo prepaid you need to contact Moderators to do the port.Simon.JPG

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Have you set your my account @Selinatse3 ? You can port your Rogers number from within there using the change number link. Welcome to PM .

@Selinatse3 wrote:

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Selinatse3 wrote:

No, did you choose a new number or choose to port your old number during activation?

Need Help? Let's chat.