cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting over existing Koodo phone number

Azrael
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day, 

i would need help in porting over my Koodo number to my PM account, i have pm'd one of the mods already but i fear that due to the number of people joinining that it might take awhile before she can answer, if any mod is available to help me out that would be great

5 REPLIES 5

shumchris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Azrael,

I was also with Koodo, so when I activated my account sim I was required to get a new number first.

After that porting my koodo number was really quick.

I went to Transfer Number under Change Phone number.

The first thing I did was to click the "I am authorized.." check box, before entering any information in the other textboxs.

I filled in the Account number with koodo account number ( you can find this on your koodo bill), entered an alternative number as some other number and Authorized User as my name that appears on the koodo bill.

The process took less than 1 minute, I got my confirmation from koodo and following that another confirmation from Public Mobile.

Hope that helps.

Azrael

could i still port over the number even though i have an existing temporary number already with Public Mobile? I was just following the steps on how to port in, i have already paid the 90 days in advance so i have no worries there, i just dont want to be carrying two phones around for the next couple of weeks

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you follow these tips as well for a koodo port.

- do not use the same email address for Kood and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your Koodo account number; it is always the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Koodo bill

- do not use the person's Koodo number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Koodo number (courtesy imm1304)

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@Azrael  Take a look through the forums, there are many thread to help with koodo porting, unforuntaetly if you wait for one of the mods, you might not get done in time.

sacari

Have you tried porting over the number yourself from your self-serve account yet? Some people have been able to do it themselves. Make sure to check off the I am authorized box before typing in your number. Also, make sure to double check your account #/IMEI/PIN is correct, as any typos will make it fail.

Need Help? Let's chat.