cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out and refund

ryu_1437
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just paid for this month's service and I have ported out to Koodo, is there anyway I can get this month's payment refunded?

Thanks,

Stanley

4 REPLIES 4

@Derekmcl wrote:

I have heard of some people getting their balances transferred to Koodo, but not certain how they pulled that off!

Fund balance and paid but unused service are two different things.  The question concerns paid but unused service.  Koodo migration used to include a bill credit to cover stranded costs.  I guess the generosity is gone. 

Customer should reflect properly on the migration offer and not jump unless the offer is good.  Back in February/March, we were able to get improving offers because we were unwilling to migrate.  If customers jump on the first bad offer, then future offers will be worse than the last.  Learn to negotiate.

@Derekmcl wrote:

I have heard of some people getting their balances transferred to Koodo, but not certain how they pulled that off!

That type of thing really would just be a goodwill gesture by the carrier.  The argument that the customer would use would be that payment was provided but the service was never provided.

Derekmcl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry, I don't think so,

Since Public Mobile is a prepaid service, if you port out, you usually can't get a refund.  

Need Help? Let's chat.