cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting of number not complete

Lb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Saturday, I unlocked iPhone. Reset phone. Set up message with pm but still unable to receive calls and texts. Calling out and texting works. Have sent messages to moderator. Any thoughts out there?
10 REPLIES 10

Lb
Success! I'm doing the happy dance! Thank you...😄

Danoishan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Lb 

It seems like this is a common issue, I had gone through it recently but got my problem fixed by both emailing PM and private messaging the moderators.

I had issues with no service for just about 3 days but the issue got attended to 2 days ago, and I know have the PM service up and running great on my phone.
Moderators are backlogged up to 3 to 4 days from today and are attending everyone’s concerns on a first-come basis. However, I am sure that they are much faster now as the backlog has drastically decreased since.

Just make sure you quickly email PM through the following link: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help. Click Contact Us to access the email form process.

In addition, be sure to private message the Community Moderators; @Shazia_K, @Mary_M, and @Simon_O @MarieHelen_L, with your full name, phone #, sim card #, IMEI#, account # and a full explanation of your issue and they will get back to you within 3-4 days. Once again, the longer than usual wait time was due to backlog caused by the FM promo that lured in a more than usual number of sim activations for PM. 

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hopefully they get fixed up soon.

tommytabanca

hi im having the same issue.. PMed the moderators.. awaiting reply. thanks

ninizinzu

It's a common bug while activation lots of peoples having.
Send a msg to mod they will look after you soon hopefully. Be patience since mod have lots of work load on them but they will resolve your issue.
Contact any moderator by private message to help you with the process.
In your private message the following info
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* PM SIM card number
* Detailed explanation

Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link the webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your problem
Thanks

Lb
Thanks I'll try this!

Lb
So could you tell me how I would tag a moderator in a message like this

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

EDIT:  I see that you have sent the private message already.  Just hang in there, someone will get back to you as soon as they can.  

Hey @Lb,

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Your number port request is stuck.  Normally it takes a few minutes upto 2-3 hours for number to transfer.  

Send a private message to @Shazia_K and provide the info needed to resubmit the port:

1. phone number

2. Account number and PIN from previous carrier.

3. Name of the account holder with previous carrier

4. email address linked to your new public mobile account.

Lb
Thanks!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Looks like you have a stuck port. Does your SIM from your previous carrier still work? If so, you can keep using that for now.  A temporary alternative would be to use a free internet/wifi-based app like fongo.com to receive calls in the meantime.

Since you've sent a message to a moderator already, just wait for their reply. They are backlogged with help requests from the promo, so please be patient. It could be up to 2 days for a response.

Need Help? Let's chat.