cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting numbers

Jared31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Last night my wife and I both changed from Koodo to public mobile. We both transferred our old numbers over and were told the transfer was successful. I even received an email from Koodo during the process saying my account was cancelled. I called my wife's phone. It went through fine. Shortly after, we tried texting each other as a test. It wouldn't go through. We thought it would take a few hours to transfer completely, and decided to check in the  morning. Now I have her old Koodo number and she has a different number. How do I get my old Koodo number back?

5 REPLIES 5

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jared31  FYI: you may not receive short codes from banks (2FA) or transit for 2-3 days if you use these services

Jared31

Thanks. Koodo couldn't help because the numbers had been ported, but a moderator was able to correct the problem. Both my wife and I have our old numbers again.

[ PM not Koodo was needed  ............  Luddite]

JellyCar

When porting your new number to Public Mobile, it normally says wait for 3hours for services to transfer over. I waited for 24hrs and texting + calling worked.
If this problem persists definitely contact Koodo.

You could also check this way:
Go to MyAccount -> My Profile

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

@Triguy is correct. At this point, calling Koodo is your only option. If they have not given the number to another customer already, they MAY be able to get it back for you.

Also note, if the number was originated (when you first picked it) to another carrier, such as Bell or Telus, it is possible it was returned to them. Good luck, @Jared31 ! 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Not sure if possible to get your old number back if your account was closed.  You could try contacting Koodo.

Need Help? Let's chat.