cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number

Marspice2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A few months ago I posted a number. About a month later the number weirdly changed to some random number and I had to port again. That worked but I can’t switch the authentication cell number to my cell number - it’s the random number. I do get to the point I am amble to try to change the authentication number and I do t receive the texts to my correct number, even tho it says it has been sent. I hope this makes sense. Maybe an admin can message me?

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

This sounds like what happened to me.  I had the $15 plan to try out Public Mobile.  I decided to port my main number to PM and that was successful (it sounds you were also successful eventually after the second try).  But Eversafe kept sending the authentication number to my first PM number.  I read about going into the Eversafe profile and changing it to the ported number, which I did.  That worked also, the authentication codes started coming to my ported number.  But in the Eversafe profile it still showed the old number even though the codes were coming to the new one.  This concerned me, what would happen when someone else was assigned that old number?  So I asked customer service and was told to try clearing cache and cookies from the browser.  It worked, my Eversafe profile now shows my ported number.  Does this sound similar?

@Marspice2 wrote:

A few months ago I posted a number. About a month later the number weirdly changed to some random number and I had to port again. That worked but I can’t switch the authentication cell number to my cell number - it’s the random number. I do get to the point I am amble to try to change the authentication number and I do t receive the texts to my correct number, even tho it says it has been sent. I hope this makes sense. Maybe an admin can message me?

Check that the phone number requested to be ported isn't still active at your old carrier.  Your phone number being changed by Public Mobile unexpectedly is a system that porting failed.  After 30 days, Public Mobile automatically changes the phone number on the account if the porting didn't work.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Marspice2 Reach out to the PM CS_Agent to get it corrected. Provide them all the details and screenshot if possible so they understand the issue you are experiencing. 

How to Reach a Customer Support Agent
If our Help Articles didn’t have the answer to your question or if you have an issue that's specific to your account, you can contact our Customer Support Agents by clicking here.Note: You’ll need a Community account in order to communicate with our Customer Support Agents. They will respond in the Community and you will receive an email notification.

Need Help? Let's chat.