cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number

Poppyseed1181
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I port my number to public mobile, it worked fine, but I got this Sms: 

Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Please ensure you provide the correct account number from your previous service provider. Thanks.

Can u see if the number ported correctly?  I can receive and get calls and sms. But I got this message this morning and am afraid that this doesn’t get ported properly.

many thanks!

Paulina 

20 REPLIES 20

Dkai001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I need help

cant find ##

call me

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dkai001 wrote:

Please help me

someone

I ported my 604 # for 2 months and now got new number

how i get my 604 ## please help

I need for info of what had happended.

Did you port your 604 number to PM?

Login to your PM account.  Select "Plan and Add-Ons" tab.  What is the number shown on that screen?

Dkai001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please help me

someone

I ported my 604 # for 2 months and now got new number

how i get my 604 ## please help

popping

Before your number is fully ported to PM, you will continue to receive calls and text from your old SIM. Making calls and sending text message from your PM SIM.  It will make it easier if you have an old phone to use both SIM cards until your number is fully ported.

kooljason777

I think you can still receive text messages though, and you can make calls, but if someone trying to reach you, then it won't work, will go directly on voicemail. You can either wait, or call old carrier to ask them if there is aproblem in your account and you are trying to port your number. Most of the times, it's the carrier that won't allow it. I did mine last night, will go home later and check if it worked. Everything's fine with PM except that sometimes it's longer to receive an answer from moderator. Sent two messages last night still no reply today. So i'll keep waiting and checking. Lucky that my old carrier is still working.

kooljason777

You have to check in your account if you see the number that you tried to port. If yes, then it worked, it's a question of whether Rogers is blocking it as there is a balance left in your account with them and they won't allow it. Then you will have to call them and let them know that you want to switch and settle your account with them.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @mdboy6901, I'll definitely assist you with your port request. Please reply to the private I just sent you.

Thank you 🙂

Aïssata

@mdboy6901 wrote:

tried porting number earlier today and have not recived any confirmation and my phone is still not working please email me at 

mdxxxxxxxx@shaw.ca

You shouldn't post your e-mail address like that.  Anyone can see it.

In addition, Public Mobile doesn't provide customer service by e-mail.  All customer service is done through private messaging with the username account of Moderator_Team.

If  a number port hasn't been completed, your old carrier's service should still be working.  In addition, even if your number hasn't been ported over, your phone should still be working (although you would be unable to receive incoming calls and text messages).  Your phone not working at all leads me to beleive that there was a problem activating your account.

mdboy6901

tried porting number earlier today and have not recived any confirmation and my phone is still not working please email me at 

xxxxx@xxxxxx

@Scamp67, try restarting your device.  Probably just a hiccup telling your phone it is done.

you should receive a txt from PM saying your port is complete.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Scamp67 You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Scamp67

I ported a number this morning at 10 am and it’s still not active and is now cancelled on the Rogers side from the port now do I get this fixed?

@garrydeol Send  a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation. Include the following info:

• PM SIM card number
  • old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill. The DBC part listed in a Freedom account is considered part of Freedom Mobile account number.
  • old carrier phone number
  • the account holder's name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

If your old SIM is working, use it until the transfer is complete. Do not close your old account; that happens automatically.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

garrydeol

tried to port number but they deduct money 

, message show card decline what should i do 

It's the incoming communications at the new carrier that don't work if a number port has not yet completed or if it has failed.  I would also try to check see if call originating from your old carrier are coming in as well (ie. have a customer of that company call you).  Some of the time way a number transfer request goes haywire, some calls will go to your new carrier and some to your old carrier (that isn't supposed to happen).

Also check to see if the service from your old carrier is still active.  That service is supposed to automatically get deactivated after number porting is complete.

Poppyseed1181

Got it! Thanks! It worked!

imm1304

Hi @Poppyseed1181!

Welcome to PM!  

Sign into your account at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

See if the plan you selected is showing correctly. Then click on "Plan and Add-ons"

On the next page, verify that the number you ported in is the one showing at the top.  

If the correct number isn't showing, then its time to contact the moderators.  

Poppyseed1181

How to see that information? Thanks for replying!

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Poppyseed1181,

It does sound like your number port is completed but I would agree with @passiveegg, please still do send a message to the Moderators informing them of the text message you received and have them confirm that all is good on the port. 

To send a message to the Moderators, click on the below link (be sure to include your name, phone number, pin and issue):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The best way to know if your port in went through is by get someone to call you or text you and see if you recieve them. If you do not get them, then you know the port in did not go through. As suggested from the text, go back to your self serve account and see if you correctly put your old service provider information (account numbr). Port ins if anything take about a couple hours to happen. I suggest you to also message the @CS_Agent with your accout number, phone # and they will help you if they see the port in did not go through. 

Need Help? Let's chat.