cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number to existing PM SIM card and balance $

sohailsayani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I have a PM sim (active) with a significant amount of balance dollars in it. I would like to port a number from Chatr (an alternate number I have) to this PM SIM. I understand that this is possible throught self serve. I have two questions

1) Will my balance be retained ?

2) Is this process hassle free? and do I need to contact Chatr first?

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sohailsayani one final note, which you are presumably already aware of and okay with, but I will call it out just in case:  if you do this, whatever number you are currently using on your Public Mobile line will be lost; you cannot retain it and assign it to another line (or try to port it elsewhere) after porting your Chatr phone number into the Public Mobile account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

yes 90 % ot the time it is hassle free if you enter the correct info. name exatly as on chart acount and account number, (omit imei and pin)

to get your chart account number you need to call chatr.  just ask for account number.    nothing else.  Ie do not ask tehm to close your account.  to port your old account (chart) needs to be active.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sohailsayani wrote:

Hi I have a PM sim (active) with a significant amount of balance dollars in it. I would like to port a number from Chatr (an alternate number I have) to this PM SIM. I understand that this is possible throught self serve. I have two questions

1) Will my balance be retained ?

2) Is this process hassle free? and do I need to contact Chatr first?

1) yes your balance will remain it is associated with your account number not your phone number.

2) It is pretty straight forward but there are some times a port can get stuck.  You will need to log in to your self serve and select change number.  When you select port from another wireless provider it will ask you for the number you are wanting to port, only enter your Chatr account number the name on the account.  Don't worry about IMEI.  Now if the port takes over 2 hours I would say it is stuck and hasn't gone through.  Your Chatr sim should work unitl the port is fully completed if you run into this.  As well you do not need to contact Chatr, when you port out your Chatr number it will close that account as well.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.