cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number stuck 8 hrs and counting

alilow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transferred my number during activation. My old account is Speakout. It has been 8hrs now and the port is not complete. I can make calls and texts from PM but not receive. My Speakout account is still active. I have messaged the moderators but they are not responding. The port is supposed to be done within 2 hrs. Am I supposed to wait 2 days (or more) before they respond to my message and look into my issue?? I have not had a positive experience with PM so far - started with locked SIM, then error messages, and now this.

@CS_Agent 

7 REPLIES 7

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Porting is not a simple process and it can take 2 hrs to 48 hrs.

I know someone whom went from a personal plan to a corporate plan with the same service provider.  However, since they operated as different entites; the number needed to be ported and it took close to 8 hours (within the same service provider banner name).

Smiley LOL The weather is good in summer; grab a cool one and toss that phone aside & relax.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alilow Porting time from different carriers are varied. Hope you will get the text confirming the porting completed soon!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@alilow 

Read my post on how I port my Speakout number to PM in 4 hours.  Doing it the right way without sending private message to moderator.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

If you are missing any info, please send the missing info to moderator ASAP

alilow

@Alex888 wrote:
@alilowIt can take longer than a few hours to port, if your Speakout account is still open then you will just have to wait. If you still can't receive calls after the account closes then there was a problem with the port. You can still receive calls and texts to your Speakout SIM, keep it in your phone until it stops working then switch it for the Public Mobile SIM and restart your phone.

The moderators can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few days to respond depending on how busy they are.

Hopefully you're right. Hopefully when I wake up in the morning the port is done.

alilow

Yes I already private messaged them. I gave them the phone number being transferred, the PIN and account name. It's frustrating when they don't respond and I might have to wait 2 or more days to get this resolved, when this should've been done in 2 hrs.

I'm saying 2 or more days because it says they take up to 48hrs to respond. And some posts indicate even longer.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@alilow It can take longer than a few hours to port, if your Speakout account is still open then you will just have to wait. If you still can't receive calls after the account closes then there was a problem with the port. You can still receive calls and texts to your Speakout SIM, keep it in your phone until it stops working then switch it for the Public Mobile SIM and restart your phone.

The moderators can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few days to respond depending on how busy they are.

@alilow wrote:

I transferred my number during activation. My old account is Speakout. It has been 8hrs now and the port is not complete. I can make calls and texts from PM but not receive. My Speakout account is still active. I have messaged the moderators but they are not responding. The port is supposed to be done within 2 hrs. Am I supposed to wait 2 days (or more) before they respond to my message and look into my issue?? I have not had a positive experience with PM so far - started with locked SIM, then error messages, and now this.

@CS_Agent 

Why would you need to wait 2 days? While in rare cases porting takes 3, 5, 12 hours etc. for seemingly no reason some of time, porting from a wireless carrier to another wireless carrier is supposed to be done within 2.5 hours. 

Tagging the moderators won't do anything, as even if they reply to you here, they will simply say to send them a private message.  So, you might as wel just do that there using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You will need to provide information such as the IMEI and/or PIN from your Speakout service.

Need Help? Let's chat.