cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number issue

Panda1124
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

While trying to register and port my number from Virgin mobile, I am getting an error stating my number is not a canadian number. It definitely is as we are in Nova Scotia. How can I proceed? 

4 REPLIES 4

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Panda1124 did tiu chexk if your number is available to port into PM using the link provided by @Handy1 ?

If it shows the number can be ported, then there are 2 other possibilities why you got the error 

1.  You attempt activated earlier and got some error, yuu re-atrempt and then yiu got this "Not Canadian phone number" error this time.  If that is the case, Chexk your CC to see if PM already charged yiu before your proceed further 

2. your old provider is Koodo Prepaid.  In such case, you have to  activate with a new temporary phone number first.  Once activated  open ticket with Pm support for them to help to manually submit the porting request 

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Not all numbers are portable. Bell in particular has several locations from which numbers cannot be ported. Call your current carrier and ask whether your number can be released 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Panda1124  

Sounds like a stuck in port issue .

Will send you porting team number

For live support to fix the issue

Private message . Top of page envelope icon

Additional info on porting

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

Need Help? Let's chat.