cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from Koodo prepaid

ErikoA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I just joined PM and I'd like to port my number from my Koodo prepaid acct. I tried to change the number directly from my account but I got the "we are experiencing issues" error. It seems like I should have used a different email address than the one that I used for Koodo? I contacted the moderators yesterday but no reply so far. My Koodo acct is supposed to take another payment tomorrow for the next month and I'd like to remove the autopayment so that doesn't happen. But will that cause troubles with porting my number?

5 REPLIES 5

Smooth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

So I thought I had a prepaid account but had a regular account... Instead of changing the number when registering, I had to go in my public mobile account and then change it from there. Then it worked.

Good luck!

ErikoA

Still no reply. Today's my last day so I'm just going to forget about it and go with a new number.

superalan

I am also waiting for the port. My plan expires today. I might end up renewing another month. There are other posts of people who were ported the same day that messaged the modterators on Saturday, but I messaged them on Friday and still no reply or port.

Still waiting

@ErikoA You could downgrade your Koodo plan to the cheapest that will let you manage for a few days; $15 just texting perhaps with fongo.com on wifi for calling.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ErikoA wrote:

So I just joined PM and I'd like to port my number from my Koodo prepaid acct. I tried to change the number directly from my account but I got the "we are experiencing issues" error. It seems like I should have used a different email address than the one that I used for Koodo? I contacted the moderators yesterday but no reply so far. My Koodo acct is supposed to take another payment tomorrow for the next month and I'd like to remove the autopayment so that doesn't happen. But will that cause troubles with porting my number?

As you already know, you can port a Koodo prepaid nubmer to Public Mobile, but you cannot do it yourself. 

You Koodo service must still be active to transfer the phone number.  Unfortunately, there is now way to guarantee that the Public Mobile moderators will get to your request on time 

Need Help? Let's chat.