cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from Cityfone

KatieQ88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched from Cityfone to PM yesterday morning.

I requested to port my number from Cityfone to PM around 6pm and the system the request transferred successfully.

Around 10pm last night, my number with Cityfone is no longer active and I received an email from Cityfone that my account will be cancelled.

But as of this morning, my old number still yet to be ported to PM.  

I sent an email to the moderator last night but no response.

I cannot affored to lose my old number.  I suspect that something is stuck at PM's end.

I know it is a busy time for PM but I do not want to wait for another 12 hrs before the number get ported.

So I would appreciate if someone can look into it and resolve as soon as possible.

I have tried to troubleshoot based on what was provided on the site but no change.

16 REPLIES 16

KatieQ88

Yes I did. Give them all the relevant fact and issues.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Did you include your account number, phone number, pin and issue in the private message to MOD?  With these info, they may work on your port without sending private message to you.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@taureansachin28  This is a public forum.  You should remove any private information (click on the 3 dots nears the timestamp of your post and then "edit reply" ).

You can port your number by logging into self-serve and clicking "Plans and add-ons", then "Change Phone number."

taureansachin28
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello ,

I am not getting update on my number porting , its now almost 10 hrs.

KatieQ88

Thanks.

i will wait for a couple of more hours and hopefully someone with the team will be kind enough to pick up the ticket and resolve the issue.

popping

I would send another request just in case your previous request was lost.

I am new here also.  I am not sure whether there is a forum rule against too many private message within a period.

KatieQ88

I hope so too.

This is frustrating as the moderator is not responding to my email.

popping

I ported my cityphone number to PM on Friday night 10pm MT and my cityfone number was fully ported to PM in 30 minutes.  Something went wrong with your port.  I hope that MOD with answer your request soon.

KatieQ88

No, the phone is bought directly from Apple store which is unlocked.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

And your phone isn't locked with Cityfone?

KatieQ88

Yes, done twice 

Effort

Have you tried reseating the sim and restarting your phone?

KatieQ88

iPhone 8

Effort

Are you sure your current phone is compatible with Public Mobile's network? Which phone do you use?

KatieQ88

Yes, I did but no response.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.