cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting not complete

Cloud9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to port a number from my fido tablet to Public mobile and I thought I was successful however it looks like my fido account is still active and I just received a bill.  The problem was that i didn't receive a text to confirm the port.  Fido says i'm still active but that i have to contact Public Mobile.

Can someone dm me the number to call to get this is sorted?

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cloud9 

I'm happy to hear you were able to resolve the issue. 5he telus porting team gave you great guidance that indeed if you have gone beyond 30 days since the original port request then pm assigns a new number to your account and the original port request that is "stuck" is canceled by way of the new number assignment and your original number being fully released back to your old provider. This allows you to request the port thru your self serve account. Before the 30 days is up customers have to rely on customer support or the porting team to reinitiate the original request.

Welcome (100%) to Public Mobile!

Cloud9

Ok here's how I solved the problem:

1. Call Fido/Rogers port number (1-877-327-8503) to authorise the port and asked them to bypass the text authorisation 

2. Because my account reverted to a new number, telus port team suggested that I could just do a new port request in my online account.  That did the trick.  

All is well.  Thank you community!

Cloud9

Thank you all kindly for the the help.  You're right in that it was just a data sim but I was able to get texts.  The issue is that I hadn't received one the first time around.  The only issue I have is that the phone that has the new public mobile line receives text from both the old number (that I wanted to port) and the new public mobile number.  After I thought the port was successful, my public mobile mobile account had shown the ported number but I just noticed that it reverted to a randomly assigned number.  

I'll call the number to see what can be done.

Once again thank you all!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cloud9 

Upon rereading your post I noticed you were porting in the phone number associated with your tablet (data) account. Are you able to recieve SMS texts for that account? If not you may need to authorize your port request verbally after reinitiating your port request. Call 1-877-327-8503 to authorize a port from a Roger's/Fido/chatr account.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Cloud9 

To re-initiate the port, click here: port request.

Then make sure to place your prior provider SIM card in device, await text for port authorization, reply "YES", then replace with your newly activated Public Mobile SIM card.

Reboot your device, and you should be good to go.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cloud9 

Call the phone # for the telus porting department with your fido account # to reinitiate your port request. Make sure you put your fido Sim card back in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it. If you no longer have the fido som card or for some reason you do not recieve the PAT again within half hour of talking to the porting department call fido and verify your account and verbally authorize the port request.

You can ask the porting department if they recieved the original port request and if so the time and date. If fido failed to send out the PAT (especially if it's twice) you will a good argument for them to prorate your final bill to the date of the original port request. Once you authorize your port request it should complete within minutes to a half hour....2 hours max. Call the telus porting department back to check on it after the half hour has passed if it hasn't completed to make sure the information you gave them is correct.

Need Help? Let's chat.