cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue - moderator please assist

thepotatohead
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have completed the registration of the new SIM and porting my existing number from Speakout. After reboot the phone, I am able to get online and dialing out; however incall call seems to go direct to my voicemail with the old provider and SMS doesnt seem to work either.

Please assist.

7 REPLIES 7

From what I read, number ports from Speakout can be tricky.  My understanding that is that its  one of the few provider that using an account number from can actually causes a number transfer problem.  I am unsure if they actually have a unique account number tied to each person's service, but from the message posts that I've read around here, I would say to try using the IMEI of the device that you've been using with Speakout and the Speakout account PIN number.  You'll have to ask a moderator to retry the phone number transfer request if things don't go through on the first one.  As it is now, your phone number has not been transfered over.

@will13am thanks, I am just trying to help.

But you are the best at helping your.  Your bravos speak for themselves.

@thepotatohead yes, please wait a bit.

Sometimes, port ins are really fast like within 10 minutes but unfortunately, sometimes, it could take a couple of hours.

If you still have the issue after waiting more than a couple of hours then please feel free to send a private message to the mods as stated above.

Thanks

thepotatohead
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

probably an hour.. I guess I will wait a bit. I had ported another phone number before, I think it only took half an hour or so. Thanks. 

@Manawrote:

@thepotatohead welcome to PM.

For the port in process to complete successfully, it can take upto couple of hours.

So if it hasn't been a couple of hours, you may have to wait.

If it has been more than a couple of hours then please send a private message to @CS_Agent.

In your message to mods, please include:

- explaination of your issue

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

You are a step ahead of me each and every time today!  I need to learn to swype faster.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@thepotatohead, how long has it been since you submitted the port?  It can take a few hours up to 2 days in some cases.  If you need the port investigated, please contact the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link. Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@thepotatohead welcome to PM.

For the port in process to complete successfully, it can take upto couple of hours.

So if it hasn't been a couple of hours, you may have to wait.

If it has been more than a couple of hours then please send a private message to @CS_Agent.

In your message to mods, please include:

- explaination of your issue

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

Need Help? Let's chat.