cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Access Point does not save after setup using a Nexus 5 Version 6.0.1

SookBinning
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new Public Mobile customer and I am having trouble setting up my APN. When I try to set up my APN and save the configuration the APN does not appear in the Access Point list. I reffered to the following thread to set up my APN: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartph...

I noticed that the MMSC proxy is not an opt 74.49.0.18 under MMS proxy instead. Is that ok to do?

When I input the information that I should to create my APN I choose to save my settings but when viewing the list of APN the "Pubic Mobile" APN does not appear. I already have the SIM card in the phone. The odd things is that I am able to use my data but I am unable to recive text meesages. 

Does anyone know how I can properly set up my APN?

7 REPLIES 7

SookBinning

@Saray_O 

Sent a PM to you regarding what you asked for. Thanks!

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @SookBinning

I'm sorry about all this. I will assist you!

Could you send me your Public Mobile phone number and your SIM card number via private message

Thank you 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

SookBinning

@stonechucker Yes, I am able to complete and receive voice calls. 

I don't know why I can access my self serve account. It is very frustrating. I tried creating a new self serve accoutn and the site said that my account is already made. But when I try to reset my password the site says my email address can not be verified. Although I had prevously reset my password for my community login. Blarg

@SookBinning , I wonder if your port has completd sussefully yet.  Can you make and receive voice calls?

SookBinning

I am able to send text messages but unable toreceive them.

I tried adding the APN that you recommended and it does not save. I can still see my Rogers APN as being available in the APN list. 

When I try to login to my Self Serve account I am told that the information I am putting is not correct. When I try to reset my password I put in my email address and I am told that the email address I am try to reset the password for can not be verified. 

JaK

Hi @SookBinning, welcome to Public Mobile!

Re your "unable to receive text messages", need to look at that a bit closer... Is that unable to receive any text messages, or just unable to receive MMS (picture, video, etc) texts? Are you able to send text messages? Note that SMS text messages (ie simple texts) do not use data so if you can't receive any then is is not related to your APN settings.

One thing you should do is log on to your self serve and double check that you actually have text, as there have been a number of cases of people missing adding text as the plans now work out to the same price if you already have talk and data. If that is the case, it can be fixed by a moderator.

Chaos_Scorpio

I deleted the original that was there and made a new one as per here 

I have the same phone/version.

Restart phone afterwards if it doesnt stay?

Need Help? Let's chat.